"Insecure Internet Activity" and "Security Center Alert" about Win32.zafi.B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I open up an internet browser (it doesn't matter which, it's happening on both my Firefox and my Internet Explorer), the first thing I see is an "Insecure Internet Activity" alert, saying:
"Due to insecure Internet browsing your PC can easily get infected with viruses, worms and trojans without your knowledge, and that can lead to system slowdown, freezes and crashes. Also insecure Internet activity can result in revealing your personal information. To get full advanced real-time protection for PC and Internet activity, register your antivirus software."
The "recommended" link at the bottom of this page redirects me to an ad for "Prefect Defender 2009". I know it's a hoax, so I haven't downloaded it.

Along with that, I keep on getting a pop-up on my comp every few minutes, titled "Security Center Alert" and pretending to be my firewall, telling me that I am affected with something called Win32.zafi.B.

I've been trying for about 2 days straight already, but I still haven't been able to get rid of either problem. I've tried all of the recommended Anti-Malware programs like Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes, and Super AntiSpyware, but still no luck.
I've tried removing it manually in a wide variety of ways too, such as seen on these sites:
myantispyware.com/2008/11/30/how-to-remove-spywareispynow-fake-security-center-alert/
deathwaltz.blogspot.com/2009/01/fake-security-center-alert-win32zafib.html
lancelhoff.com/insecure-internet-activity-threat-of-virus-attack/

Does anyone know something I could do to rid of this pesky virus? It's really slowing my computer down...
A big thank you to whoever takes the time to read/reply to this! =)
Sorry to use this help topic as my first post here, but I am desperate!

Please follow the Steps here: Virus and Malware Removal

When through, attach the three logs for review. The 3 programs will remove most malware and show us additional entries that may need removal in the logs.

NOTE: when you run Malwarebytes, be sure to check this section:
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
And in SuperAntispyware, check this:
* Make sure everything found has a checkmark next to it,then press 'Next'.
You were wise to recognize the scam program, but we have to get rid of the malware that is on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back