Installation wont detect HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I know how alot of people feel about Windows ME however thats what I have on my computer. I tried to take my computer to Windows XP Pro but theres a problem. My computer boots up then when I go into the Windows Installation Guide where I was going to pull out my Partition and so on.. It says it cant detect my hard drive. I have a SATA 250 gig, I think I remember hearing something about drivers but I didnt get anything with my HDD and Windows ME loaded fine onto it I just dont see why XP wont. I need help!

You need the drivers for your S-ATA drive on floppy disk. When XP setup loads, press F6 to load in the drivers when it tells you to :)

Spike said:
You need the drivers for your S-ATA drive on floppy disk. When XP setup loads, press F6 to load in the drivers when it tells you to :)
I didnt get a floppy disk with my HDD's drivers. its a seagate is there any places where you can go that you know of that I can get the drivers for it? Thankyou so much for getting back to me quickly

I'm afraid that's your CPU , not your motherboard. We need to know what "chipset" your motherboard is using, and so need the make and (possibly) model (eg, mine is an Asus A7N8X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back