Installing ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkedKube

so i have some G skill 1gbx2 sticks and some 512x2 sticks, all same timings, would it hurt my computer say if I installed all of them in my system?

read the installing ram guide in the guides forum. You questions are answered there. ALWAYS read the guide forum and FAQs! :)

No, it wouldn't harm your computer, as long as all the memory sticks are compatible with your motherboard.

Tedster said:
read the installing ram guide in the guides forum. You questions are answered there. ALWAYS read the guide forum and FAQs! :)

yeah sorry, will try to do that, just sometimes people can explain it better than a computer, or well I should saya person could articulate it differently. I'm stll trying to learn all my techy vocab

Not to mention that some of those post are old, and confusing

Still, you should try reading the stickies first, thats the reason they're there. It just gets annoying if everyone starts posting a thread, and someone giving the same answers over and over again.

The guides are not computer generated. They're written by techspotters like myself.
I got tired of answering the same questions over and over and over and over again.

Oh I'm sure you get tired of answering questions, but that's why we're here right. Why not just delete all forums and just put up guides.

Some mobo`s are pickier than others when it comes to mixing ram sticks. It certainly won`t hurt anything to give it a try.

See the Updating ram & troubleshooting

Tedster said:
I got tired of answering the same questions over and over and over and over again.

I know it gets frustrating giving the same info over and over, I feel like that myself sometimes. There`s a few ways you can deal with that though.

1: Don`t post. :p

2: You could place a link to that thread in your signature, or in your post, it only takes a few seconds. ;)

3: Maybe you could write a canned speech and save it in a notepad file complete with links?

I use canned speeches all the time, especially in the security and the web forum. If I didn`t do that, I`d never be able to get though as many posts there as I do.

Regards Howard :)

& also the whole point of a forum is to archive situation & solutions found in the past, otherwise it would simply be like an IRC channel. It's like refusing to use the dictionary because you feel it's faster to ask someone what a word means. :p

Didou said:
& also the whole point of a forum is to archive situation & solutions found in the past, otherwise it would simply be like an IRC channel. It's like refusing to use the dictionary because you feel it's faster to ask someone what a word means. :p

I understand why refer someone to a thread/guide or w/e, but some people are actually new, and dont understand ram timings and all that jive. I'm learning though, thx

then we couldn't generate interesting discussings. The point of FAQs/Guides is to answer common questions that are asked all the time. 90% of the time they're asked by noobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back