Intel Core i7-10875H Review: 8 Cores, 16 Threads for Laptops

The ultimate problem with the intel platform is that it can't sustain the performance it initially offers, has to run hot, loud and eats more battery. Intel still has "something" to offer on desktop but on laptops they can't compete.

I have a question.... Why does almost every benchmarks forget about ryzen 7 4800h? Wasn't the i7 placed in the level?
I'm pretty sure TechSpot just haven't tested it yet, so they have no 4800H data to compare to.
That’s right. We didn’t get one to test in time for this review. We have one now though, if all goes well expect that review next week.

We mentioned this in the intro but here’s the full list of laptops tested for coming up with benchmark results for the different laptop CPUs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G XB
Asus Zephyrus G14 GA401IV
Asus ZenBook Pro Duo UX481FL
Razer Blade Stealth 2019
MSI Prestige 14 A10SC
Gigabyte Aorus 15
MSI GE75 Raider 9SF
Rader Blade Pro 17
Asus ROG Strix Scar III G531G
Gigabyte Aorus 15 XA
Acer Predator Helios 300 (9750H)
HP Omen 15
HP Envy x360
Asus ZenBook UM433D
Asus ROG Zephyrus GA502D
Asus TUF Gaming FX505D
Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Kaby Lake G Version
Asus ROG Strix Scar II
Asus ROG Strix Hero II
Gigabyte Aero 15 X9
MSI GS75 Stealth 8SG
Alienware m15
Acer Predator Helios 300 2017
Acer Predator Triton 700 2017
MSI GS65 Stealth Thin
Gigabyte Aero 15X

On the Microsoft excel benchmark it says higher is better. Typo maybe?

Editor's note: Now corrected, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not buying an Intel laptop... period... so OEMs, get your s*** together.

Well unfortunately that may never happen. Ian Cutress (Senior editor at Anandtech and review fellow for over 10 years) made a comment about Intel incentivizing companies to NOT make AMD based products.

It's an assumption to think the same would apply to laptops and I only say this because of their track history. I hope this is looked into more.

If at least these Intel powered laptop would be priced correctly...
They are not bad products, but they are too expensive for what they are. A 6700HQ with 4 more cores and lower frequency in multi core (6700HQ runs at 3.1Ghz all core with 25W using undervolt).

You gotta give it to the 4900HS. Performance is on average higher, single threaded is not miles away, and it'll be vastly more power efficient. That means less heat, less noise from the cooling, and considerably longer battery life. There is every chance they could even end up a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

You gotta give it to the 4900HS. Performance is on average higher, single threaded is not miles away, and it'll be vastly more power efficient. That means less heat, less noise from the cooling, and considerably longer battery life. There is every chance they could even end up a couple hundred bucks cheaper.
Yep pretty impressed. It certainly got my attention.

Well unfortunately that may never happen. Ian Cutress (Senior editor at Anandtech and review fellow for over 10 years) made a comment about Intel incentivizing companies to NOT make AMD based products.

It's an assumption to think the same would apply to laptops and I only say this because of their track history. I hope this is looked into more.
I'd say this is a pretty safe bet.

Back