Intel Core i7-8750H Review: Hexa-core Processor for Laptops

I really hope high core count laptops become the norm at lower than high end price points. I dislike having to work with non-mobile systems and god knows I need those extra cores. The performance of these mobile CPUs looks to be really good.

With the gaming benchmarks, have you considered the workload of AI in strategy games?
For example, the time taken In between turns, on a really big Civ Map with lots of AI players.

Also, mount and blade warband is a good example - by default battles are limited to 150 players BECAUSE of CPU limitations. Some mods lift that to 500 but if you play that the game can grind to a slideshow (well on my 3rd gen i5 anyway).

I want big battles! Gameplay trumps gaphical fidelity for me. personally I'll wait until this has a process shrink and can run a bit cooler as I use my laptop on my actual lap :-o

How likely is it that you'll find this lower cost 8750H paired with a 1080 though, that would be a sweet spot and the manufacturers know it, which is why they'll probably keep the 1080 option for the higher cost CPU's only...:(

How likely is it that you'll find this lower cost 8750H paired with a 1080 though, that would be a sweet spot and the manufacturers know it, which is why they'll probably keep the 1080 option for the higher cost CPU's only...:(
Most likely only for laptops for which you can configure the specs before buying. Otherwise the 8750H will most likely be paired with the 1070 because it makes more sense from both the price point and the performance and thermals.

Im curious as to why its all gamer orientated. Gamers dont need 6 core processors but plenty of other people would benefit from one! If I were buying a gaming laptop id trade a 6 core for a quad core if it meant I got a GPU or monitor upgrade. Especially as we all know that if we get a 6 core i7 and pair it with something like a 1060 or a 1070 then the graphics will fall out of date the fastest.

I dont understand the time line here... “realeased next week”.

I was playing with one in HK almost six weeks ago, before I left for China.

And now I am back in HK, I bet they are everywhere in Wan Chai...

The price was very tempting... EDIT:The 8750H I mean, not that actual machine.

Last edited:
I dont understand the time line here... “realeased next week”.

I was playing with one in HK almost six weeks ago, before I left for China.
Hmm. I couldn't find that phrase in the article but keep in mind that the article was published on April 3, 2018, about 13 weeks ago. So if you played with one six weeks ago, I see no issue.

Back