Internet and possibly more problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyboard

Hello, i was recently infected by a few viruses and trojans, as well as backdoors. Most of them have been removed, but i do suspect that there is more. I need help identifying the problem with my internet mainly. It says that i am connected, everything is hooked up and the computer i'm on right now has no problems connecting (this is my dad's pc), but when i open up Firefox, it keeps timing out (after a very long while), and when i open IE6, it either times out just like Firefox or closes instantly. This is my HJT Log:

You are infected! Please follow the instructions found here;https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109461.html
Note: Please do not install another Anti-Virus or Firewall program if you already have one installed. However you may replace them if you wish.

Do not copy and paste your logs. Use to upload method. You may need to make an addition of four posts to be able to do this, therefore I suggest that you do an intro here; https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu24.html

Post Logs when done.

One problem: my pc cant connect to the internet, i did alot of quick formats (which diddn't work), so i dont have any antivirus, and i dont have anything except my cellphone to use for transferring. Any ideas? (My phone cant possibly hold an antivirus prog on it..)

Telephony is started. I followed the link, tried inetwiz and still no internet. Also,DEP has closed "LSA Shell". This problem was removed in the past, why is it back? (i thought i got rid of tht window...)

Well, it said i needed MSI to remove Norton. I used CCleaner, but nothing worked. I'm still seeing a long "Connecting to..." and a timeout after the "Connecting to..."

The tool must be current (if you're downloading above, then that's not an issue)
You must enter the correct alphanumeric characters (I think it is Capitals and non capitals relevant too)
Also you can run it in Safe Mode

I also have problems regarding safe mode, I have a CISNET model, and it does not display any way to boot in Safe Mode (Even when I tap F8). Is there any other way to boot in Safe Mode?

The idea is to go here: New Preliminary Removal Instructions
And complete all tasks

But if you cannot get online to do the updates, then this is somewhat useless.

You could run MSCONFIG, and turn off as many not required startups as possible (usually most of them including Antivirus/Firewall)
Then restart, and try Internet again (selecting Yes to continue in "msconfig Diagnostic mode")

Oh god, I was lucky to transfer the avast! home edition install. It detected win32:virtrob, now its deleting almost everything. It seems that this virus infects everything that is opened by the user (probably including PC Angel Recovery). I have been trying to follow the New Preliminary Removal Instructions using my phone (no updates though). I'm not so sure if I did something bad or something good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back