Internet connection faulty when charging

Hello,
I am having issues with my Dell inspiron 7000 Gaming Laptop. Purchased 2018. Everytime I plug in my computer, to charge, my fans run super hot (been cleaned and all), while in a game. That's when I'll start losing internet connection and nothing wants to load. Once unplugged from the power source it loads up again. Everything is currently up to date drivers wise. I am just at a loss for what to do and before I go spending money on random things to try to fix the issue this weekend, I would like to get some input from others. I saw a post on here from 2006, literally the same problem and same computer just earlier model. It didnt help me much. Thanks in advance!!

First, run the very useful Dell Diagnostics, just to check things out. Then load a utility which reports temperatures and run one of your hot games with it. Note temps and see what they do as you game (windows next to each other may help - downloads on this site has utilities). If this seems to prove excess heat at GPU or CPU, etc then need to deal with excess heat.

Laptops are hard to clean. Some disassembly is required - especially to clear dust clumps under the vent hoods. Check YouTube for instruction video for your model. I store parts, especially screws, in holes punched in cardboard with notes. Others record video of their efforts. This is vital as a long screw in a short screw hole can cause shorts, etc.

Back