Internet Connection from guest account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I have started this post a year back and due to some issues i was not able to enter into techspot and now i see that it is closed,the original post is available in topic114654 (sorry i am not allowed to post links here )

Let me just give an excerpt from my previous posts to giv a better idea...
"I am using dial up internet connection. I would like to use the Internet from the guest account. I just dont want to enter into the administor account and connect to the internet and switch back to the guest account to use the internet. So I want to setup permissions for the guest account to make a dial up connection..what should i do to set the permissions..."

I dont want to create a Local user account(ofcourse,it is an alternative)...

"
when i open the internet connections icon from the control panel in guest account, no file is visible, though when i refresh the page, I get the following error dialog message,
"
The network connection folder was unable to retrieve the list of Network adapters on your machine.Please make sure that the network connections service is enabled and running
"
"

From my past year experience, i learnt that running 'Rasphone.exe' file in system32 folder helps me to dial the default connection... but still i feel that its not safe to access the system32 folder daily... Is there any alternative for this..
or Do I have any other solution for this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back