Internet explorer has stopped working as has msn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby123

In the last 3 days when ever i open up internet explorer i get a message saying: The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Also msn doenst seem to log on, i trouble shooted it and it said theres no problems it found so im confused. is there like a link between the 2 or what?

well yeah i did that and internet explorer worked for like 3 mins and msn worked for 5 mins but there should be some way to fix it all

some times msn seems to connect but mostly it doesnt and IE never does really

Is this the same computer that had/has the worm as in this thread HERE?

If so, did you manage to get rid of the worm? If not, your system is still infected and this can cause all manner of problems.

Regards Howard :)

I`m not sure off the top of my head, it could still be malware related or it could be something completely different.

Would you please post a fresh HJT log as per these instructions.

I just want to make sure you don`t have a malware problem.

A couple of things you can try.

Reinstall you modem/lan drivers etc

Check with your ISP to see if their having any problems, it`s probably not that, but it`s worth checking out.

Let us know the results please.

if i like take the plug out of the belkin box and put it in msn and IE work for like 10 mins before discnonetting and not showing the page, whats the reason?

It`s possible you have a modem problem.

If you contact your ISP, they may be able to test your modem from their end and see if there`s a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back