iPhone 6 plus manual question

learninmypc

A friend gave me his iPhone 6 plus last night & I'm trying to find a user maanual for it specifically. I've foound info for it & others but they''re confusing, can anybody help?

Top left of my iPhone screen to the left of the WIFI icon it shows No Signal although I am online. Is there a way to change it? I haven't found a way, yet. TIA

Top left of my iPhone screen to the left of the WIFI icon it shows No Signal although I am online.
To the left of WiFi is the cell provider; mine shows AT&T and further left is the signal strength.

Settings -> General -> About
network name is the cell provider

IMEI is the number needed to activate service.

Ok, my bad. This cell phone is not for calling anybody, just email & wifi. The same exact thing happened with my 4s a few years back but don't remember what I did to change it.My carrier is Sprint but no phone number, never will have one, thank you :)

This cell phone is not for calling anybody, just email & wifi. .. but no phone number, never will have one, thank you :)
ok - - *IF* you can connect to your WiFi router, then the email and browser will work.

DUH - - :giggling: that's NO CELL SERVICE and after all, it is a - - cell phone :grin:

On my iPhone 4s I have, it too had no phone number yet it still shows 4 or 5 circles instead of No Service. I'm puzzled.

IMO, it is connecting to the provider - - you just don't have the account activated??

The above picture is from my iphone 4s. It has no phone number yet it shows the dots & not No Service.That is what I am trying to fix on my iPhone 6 plus, if it can be done, thank you for your patience.

A question, how do I get this picture like the one in post # 16 NO SERVICE.JPG
Neither phone is capable of making or receiving any phone calls. this is my iphone 6 plus

While the status is inconsistent, the question is WHY CARE if you never intend to use the device for calling? As long as the Wifi takes you where you need to go - - S M I L E and move on.

Exactly. I just thought there might be a way to do such. Thank you for your patience & if we're lucky, somebody will find this thread 5 years from now & add to it, lol :)

Back