Is my graphics card compatible with my motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Asus P5N-D Motherboard and a GeForce GTX 260 Video Card, but when I connect my monitor i get no signal. Do i need to use a different video card until i set up the O/S and the driver for the GeForce GTX 260 Video Card.

I agree, it should work right away. There is no need to use a different graphics card unless this one turns out to be defective. Is the 4x4 12V connected to the motherboard? Are the external power connectors of the graphics card hooked up? Are the fans running? Even though you aren't getting a video signal, does the system post (are you getting a single short beep)?

When i turn it on all the fans come on and the front display turns on, but i dont hear a beep. Have i broken my mobo

Is this the 12V port you're talking about i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt334/lbrace121/mobo2.jpg

Yes, that's the one. Also, the GTX 260 has two external 6 pin PCI-E connectors that must be connected to the power supply.

Thank you so much i think the problem was the 12V port because i dont have anything plugged into it. When i get the computer all put together ill post how it went.

That 12V connector provides power to the processor so you definitely need it. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back