Is RX 6600 worth it?

Cubeputer

I have had a GeForce gtx 1060 6gb for quite a while now, and just upgraded from a Ryzen 5 2400g to a risen 7 2700x. I am planning on using this CPU for a good while longer because it still shreds today, but my 1060 doesn't feed my CPU enough. There are some rx 6600 going at my local micro center for around $430, and if I sell my old 1060 for a little less than the average price on eBay, I can get the 6600 for pretty cheap. I was planning on getting a 3060 ti, but a 6600 is about the same performance as a 3060, which I would be fine with for a while as it is a big upgrade from my current gpu, and I would probably end up upgrading it in about a year, so it would be something to hold me over until I can get a better gpu at msrp. I don't like buying things with the intention of upgrading, but my 1060 is really not giving me great performance. Also, what confuses me is that in all the games the 6600 performs almost as well and sometimes better than the 3060, but userbenchmark shows that the 3060 is like 30% better, so I would think that userbenchmark tests more on things like productivity where the 3060 clearly outshines. So should I spend the money and go through the whole process and get better performance or should I just deal with it until I can get a 3060 ti or 3070 in a little while?

Userbenchmark is Intel and/or Nvidia sponsored site. Untrustworthy and banned on Reddit. You can read more for example here https://ownsnap.com/userbenchmark-i...ite-has-a-zero-credibility-in-tech-community/

And much more can be found using search engines. So much about that.

Right now RX 6600 is "good choice", because it's quite fast and reasonable priced. Reasonable priced considering current situation that is very bad.
Thanks for the reply. I will consider getting it and selling my old one, but I don’t really want to “settle” for something lower than I had imagined, but I could also use this just to hold me over until I can get something even more powerful like a 3060 ti or 2080 super.As for the bias thing, I need to read up and find other sources to confirm but that would really suck as I have used it for quite some time to help decide on parts 😕

Thanks for the reply. I will consider getting it and selling my old one, but I don’t really want to “settle” for something lower than I had imagined, but I could also use this just to hold me over until I can get something even more powerful like a 3060 ti or 2080 super.As for the bias thing, I need to read up and find other sources to confirm but that would really suck as I have used it for quite some time to help decide on parts 😕
At current situation, getting good deal requires waiting. No way around it.

Userbenchmark has some kind of hate towards AMD. You can find many sources for above. For example https://www.reddit.com/r/AMD/wiki/userbenchmark and https://www.techspot.com/news/81176-userbenchmark-offers-explanation-changes-cpu-score-weights.html

It really sucks. If you used it as help deciding parts, I suggest you stop doing that.

At current situation, getting good deal requires waiting. No way around it.

Userbenchmark has some kind of hate towards AMD. You can find many sources for above. For example https://www.reddit.com/r/AMD/wiki/userbenchmark and https://www.techspot.com/news/81176-userbenchmark-offers-explanation-changes-cpu-score-weights.html

It really sucks. If you used it as help deciding parts, I suggest you stop doing that.
the good news is, I didn’t even know it existed when I first built my pc and really haven’t bought anything influenced by it yet, but I was planning on doing that so that saved me. I saw a subreddit where people were saying that userbench said that the rtx 2060 super was better than like the 2070 or 2080, but it shouldn’t be biased in that way because it’s comparing nvidia cards, so is it a way they test it or just them putting bs up there? If they are only biased comparing and to nvidia, then I might still use it sometimes just comparing nvidia cards.

the good news is, I didn’t even know it existed when I first built my pc and really haven’t bought anything influenced by it yet, but I was planning on doing that so that saved me. I saw a subreddit where people were saying that userbench said that the rtx 2060 super was better than like the 2070 or 2080, but it shouldn’t be biased in that way because it’s comparing nvidia cards, so is it a way they test it or just them putting bs up there? If they are only biased comparing and to nvidia, then I might still use it sometimes just comparing nvidia cards.
Good, no damage then.

I'd say it Might be ok for comparing Nvidia cards on same architecture. But as we previously saw, comparing even same architecture Intel CPU's was pointless on Userbenchmark so I would just forget using it.

I have had a GeForce gtx 1060 6gb for quite a while now, and just upgraded from a Ryzen 5 2400g to a risen 7 2700x. I am planning on using this CPU for a good while longer because it still shreds today, but my 1060 doesn't feed my CPU enough. There are some rx 6600 going at my local micro center for around $430, and if I sell my old 1060 for a little less than the average price on eBay, I can get the 6600 for pretty cheap. I was planning on getting a 3060 ti, but a 6600 is about the same performance as a 3060, which I would be fine with for a while as it is a big upgrade from my current gpu, and I would probably end up upgrading it in about a year, so it would be something to hold me over until I can get a better gpu at msrp. I don't like buying things with the intention of upgrading, but my 1060 is really not giving me great performance. Also, what confuses me is that in all the games the 6600 performs almost as well and sometimes better than the 3060, but userbenchmark shows that the 3060 is like 30% better, so I would think that userbenchmark tests more on things like productivity where the 3060 clearly outshines. So should I spend the money and go through the whole process and get better performance or should I just deal with it until I can get a 3060 ti or 3070 in a little while?
the rx6600 overnight already beats the 5700xt in almost everything, for anything less than 500$ yes its a steal for now!

the rx6600 overnight already beats the 5700xt in almost everything, for anything less than 500$ yes its a steal for now!
thanks for the reply! I’m going to hold off and get the 6700 cat or the 3070 when the market gets better, so it might be a while. I also want to wait till I see what launches this year with next gen stuff about processors and gpus.

thanks for the reply! I’m going to hold off and get the 6700 cat or the 3070 when the market gets better, so it might be a while. I also want to wait till I see what launches this year with next gen stuff about processors and gpus.
your welcome brother, im actually waiting for RSR with amd drivers this month, because it will give all 5000 amd gpu or better 49% boost, so ima stick with my 5500xt 8gb for a bit longer and see good luck

your welcome brother, im actually waiting for RSR with amd drivers this month, because it will give all 5000 amd gpu or better 49% boost, so ima stick with my 5500xt 8gb for a bit longer and see good luck
wow! I didn’t even know that was happening! I will wait for that and maybe end of this year get a used current gen gpu, and def amd if that 49 percent boost is met. I think when 4000 nvidia cards and 7000 amd cards come out, there will be a ton of people selling off their old ones. But, the 2000 and 5000 series are still very prevalent today. With what is going on for cpus tho, I’m expecting a big leap which might make 30 series gpus get cheaper and I could get a used one. we will see and good luck to you too.

wow! I didn’t even know that was happening! I will wait for that and maybe end of this year get a used current gen gpu, and def amd if that 49 percent boost is met. I think when 4000 nvidia cards and 7000 amd cards come out, there will be a ton of people selling off their old ones. But, the 2000 and 5000 series are still very prevalent today. With what is going on for cpus tho, I’m expecting a big leap which might make 30 series gpus get cheaper and I could get a used one. we will see and good luck to you too.
oh yes, this will forever change the game, put it like this I run cyberpunk at 45fps in high settings, 1080p with my 5500xt 8gb, RSR according to the promise is a 39-72% boost depending on the games demands, in this case I can probably expect ultra settings 75fps or 1440p high settings 60fps stress free, but yes I agree, with the new cpu and gpu on 2022, all prices will re drop and people will panic sell again and we could snag those 3900x for 250$ or a 5800x for 250$ I love it cannot wait

oh yes, this will forever change the game, put it like this I run cyberpunk at 45fps in high settings, 1080p with my 5500xt 8gb, RSR according to the promise is a 39-72% boost depending on the games demands, in this case I can probably expect ultra settings 75fps or 1440p high settings 60fps stress free, but yes I agree, with the new cpu and gpu on 2022, all prices will re drop and people will panic sell again and we could snag those 3900x for 250$ or a 5800x for 250$ I love it cannot wait
yep, when I upgrade my rig I’m getting a mobo that will handle a 5800x, when people scramble for the new stuff I’ll snag something but I’m doing pretty well with my 2700x but could use a gpu upgrade. nvidia came out with this nit thing that is similar to rsr but not as good. I’m excited that eat will work for all games without dev support!!

Back