Is the Street Fighter 6 logo an edited stock image?

midian182

Staff member
Facepalm: There was a lot of excitement surrounding the announcement of Street Fighter 6 yesterday, but one thing fans aren’t so keen on is the new logo. Rather than keeping with the familiar look and fonts that the series has used since it launched in the 1980s, Capcom appears to have opted for an $80 adobe stock image with a few alterations.

From 1987 through 2016, the Street Fighter games’ logo has used a combination of the name and roman numerals in black, yellow, orange, and red colors. The style has changed slightly over the years, but it’s remained instantly recognizable and reassuringly familiar.

However, with Street Fighter 6’s logo, Capcom’s deviation from the previous entries is as jarring as a dragon punch from Ryu himself.

It appears that Capcom was aiming for a look that's very modern and different, something companies have been known to do when going for the ‘all-new’ approach. But fans are far from impressed.

Adding to Capcom’s misery is Ars Technica's Aurich Lawson (via Kotaku). He noticed something is amiss with the picture: the Street Fighter 6 image is almost identical to an $80 stock logo on Adobe’s stock images site.

There are a few differences between the two, beyond the 6 in the corner and the (very bland) STREET FIGHTER text; the corners are rounded in parts, a few angles of the letters have been changed, and the border is thinner, but it’s impossible to deny that these look very, very similar.

There’s always the chance the SF6 logo is just a placeholder, and Capcom is still working on the real one. Even if it isn’t, don’t be surprised if the company suddenly decides that a revamp is in order, one that doesn’t resemble a stock image.

Permalink to story.

So what if it is? I don't look at video game logos while I'm playing. If this game is good I don't think reviewers are going to go "0/100, the logo sucks!" Eh, actually, IDK about that. Comparing reviewer scores to user scores in todays games industry, maybe they are looking at the logo and not the game....

And this is why devs never change anything.

because gamers go apesh*t, from reading those comments you'd think the logo came to life and physically assaulted these people.

And this is why devs never change anything.

because gamers go apesh*t, from reading those comments you'd think the logo came to life and physically assaulted these people.
Except for the past decade we've been barraged by shitty reboot after shitty reboot of every major franchise under the sun that's basically ruined them. A drastic logo revamp of this character that also seems keyed to be done as cheaply as possible raises a few red flags that the same can be expected here, so I don't begrudge loyal fans of the franchise their right to be alarmed.

It has nothing to do with "gamers being entitled" so much as fans being sick and tired of watching things they care about being treated like garbage and being hyper-aware of early warning signs.

But the logo does look ...meh.

And shame on Capcom for using an Adobe IP.

And there's only so much you can do with a franchise. The more you try to change, the more you end up breaking.

I'm a great fan of the SF II series. I like the IV too.
SFV added some big changes with the Trigger system, which I couldn't get used to it. Fortunately I didn't buy it on release, and got it at deep discount several years later.

Not holding my breath for SF VI.

Last edited:
I don't even think Capcom bought the image - I think they made a knock-off with just enough alternations to keep Adobe's bots from finding out what they did.

So what if it is? I don't look at video game logos while I'm playing. If this game is good I don't think reviewers are going to go "0/100, the logo sucks!" Eh, actually, IDK about that. Comparing reviewer scores to user scores in todays games industry, maybe they are looking at the logo and not the game....
To be fair, that logo does suck.

Back