Is there a way to revive a dead SD card?

abbasi

Hi all,

My micro SD card is died. My question is just like the title; Is there a way to revive a died micro SD card?

Thanks.

Just Google "recover dead SD card", read through some articles. Let us know if something works.

I don't know anything to recommend, sorry.

Well I used to recover data from my dead pen drives using "unistal recover data from pen drive" may be it works on SD card also. just install the software and check it.

Know any safe website for download it freely?

If software methods can't help, isn't there any hardware method to fix that?

Go to youtube and type in: recover dead SD card

These SD cards are just memory Read/Write/store (they need to be handle with care)
Even if you put the SD card in a zip lock bag and stick it into the freezer for 3 hrs.
Then thaw it and then use it might work. I use this method on WD Passports to recovery
from dead USB HDD. It works always.

Just a shot in the dark: have you tried Defrag? Many years ago I ran Defrag on a "dead" floppy disc, and much to my surprise Defrag accepted the task without a murmur and when it was done the disc was like new with no losses.

Frank

Yes. Just like running Defragment on your HDD, but instead of drive C:\, put the SD in it's card reader slot, right click that drive, left click Properties, and under the Tools tab click Defragment Now. It's just a possibility, but it might do the trick.

Frank

Back