Is this the right place for help with wireless networks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekurahn

My wireless network was working fine untill I took the antenna off of my wireless router (D-Link) to show my friend and when I put the antenna back on, my access point computer was detecting the wireless network but cannot connect to it anymore. Anyone? ; ;

Edit: It is now ;)

Anyone? Still not working :(

Merging Edit: Look at your thread title. Do you think anyone expects a router question in here? Post with a decent title and you are more likely to get a response. Also don't ever bump a thread after 9 minutes again. If you want real time support call up your router manufacturer.

"Merging Edit: Look at your thread title. Do you think anyone expects a router question in here? Post with a decent title and you are more likely to get a response. Also don't ever bump a thread after 9 minutes again. If you want real time support call up your router manufacturer."

The title is exactly on the spot, aside from me not having known exactly where to post the thread. I doubt it's the router since I had it working and it probably didn't break within a week of buying it. It's the access point that can't seem to connect to the router. And I didn't bump the thread after 9 minutes. I bumped it after two days before noticing it had been moved.

I hope the device was powered down before you dismounted the antenna.
If not, you might as well head to the store an purchase another device.
While a receiver doesn't care that the antenna is missing,
the transmitter will usually die immediately when the output device is missing.

can you detect any signal at all?

Damn...I didn't power down the device when I took off the antenna.
The AP seems to detect the signal but cannot connect.

if you have signal --
(1) your lucky --
(2) wire your system directly to it and manually config.
Once you get your system to access the Internet this way,
you can go back to wireless and config for the SSID (leave encryption off at first).

Next you can add WAP or whatever you like

How can I make sure that I still receive a signal? I'm just guessing yes since it's in the list of networks to connect to...

Nekurahn said:
How can I make sure that I still receive a signal? I'm just guessing yes since it's in the list of networks to connect to...
that's a great indication -- the NAME it shows is your SSID.
sounds like your almost there. do you know which channel it's using?
the router and your system need to be the same.

again, hardware them together, access the config using your browser and
verify all settings

How do I check what channel the AP/receiver is on? I only know how to check the channel that is transmitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back