Is this wireless router 100% effective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consoles won't be able to get the benefit of a Draft-N router as they do not (to my knowledge) support that protocol. You will have to run the router in B/G compatibility mode which cancels all the advantages Draft-N could bring.

Honestly I don't mind about the draft-n features, all I want is to have a consistent connection, will this router provide that? or doesnt depend on the router? maybe as the common sense could tell is a waste of money if not gonna use the Draft-n features right?

Why a router have gaming features? what do they mean with that? could someone explain what are the differences with regular vs gaming routers? and this is there a G+ with MIMO and gaming features? haven't found one so far.

I'm concerned that my problem is just interference or noise and not a router problem, but I've tried so many things, changing locations of router, consoles, I even disconnect microwaves and cordless phones at 2.4ghz because I heard they could cause problems, but I'm still getting awful connections for gaming.

like I said before, upload and download speeds are great for the wireless network, range is not a problem, I'm getting 87% of signal even at 50-60ft away from router, but if I run the tests with the browser of the gaming consoles there is always some lag and stalls, all the consoles! Wii, PS3, DS, PSP

Help!

gaming systems place heavy loads on the network and the cheap home routers we
typically buy are just that -- C H E A P !

a gaming router is more robust and able to sustain more traffic.

btw: As your consoles are -N mode compatible and certainly not of the vender as your
router, make sure you update the router firmware and the network software in every console
if you want the best reliability.

Thanks for the reply guys!

Well, in that case, a gaming router definitely will work better right? I spend $65 bucks on a belkin g+ mimo router thinking that will solve my problem but it didn't, now thinking about spending $179 on that gaming router makes me think it twice because I don't want to spend that amount of money for nothing.

All my hardware has been firmware updated, so I don't know where is the problem, like you said I keep thinking that the belkin cheap router is not capable of handling gaming traffic.

anyone have a good experience with other gaming router that will keep up on performance and not so expensive as the D-link mentioned before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back