ISA 2006 installation on Virtual machine

umar

Dear all

Can anyone help me installing a software on a virtually installad server?

I dont know how to install ISA 2006 on a virtually install win 2008 server and win 2003 can anyone help me. i am using vmware for emulation

Regards

You would install it like you would on a physical machine. A VM is pretty much the same as a physical server.

I have a feeling vmware can be a bit dodgy about accessing a DVD drive as you would on a standard PC. Something to do with certain hardware compatibility and/or how vmware was installed in the first place.
You seem to be having a problem that putting an install disk in the drive does not automatically run the installer.

Just put the Cd/DVD install into the drive, can you see the drive in windows explorer? If so just double-click whatever might be in the root of the DVD/CD that looks as if it should start automatically when the drive is loaded. Could be a setup.exe typically, but there are other possibilities.

If you cannot find the install disk, well there's your first problem to solve.

If your problem is a different one, you could start here http://oreilly.com/pub/a/windows/2007/04/17/installing-and-configuring-isa-2006.html

Back