It seems there are 6 answering issues

holdum323

Hi! I've only been here on the forum a short time. It seems to me there are about 6 members that answer members who have questions. I want to invite all members to join me on any thread where I'm trying to offer suggestions for members with issues. I think team work is a good thing and I don't want to feel like I own the thread just because I was the first one to respond to a member asking a question. Two heads are better then one IMHO. I think we can get along and not confuse the member asking for help. There's hardly ever a silver bullet for a issue and team work can be a good thing when we all work together and leave our EGOs at the door stop.;)
holdum323!

I think team work is a good thing and I don't want to feel like I own the thread just because I was the first one to respond to a member asking a question.
If I feel anyone is misleading, I will input my own opinion. I'm sure there are others that will do the same. Most people are here for the articles and reviews. Sadly they may not have the time to spend trying to help others.

Hi @cliffordcooley I have a lot of time:D. You will always be welcome on threads were I'm helping a member.
I'm still learning every day. That's why I'm here. I like passing forward things I have learned from users like yourself.

Hi. I can see that most of the members are here for the articles and reviews. That's cool. I enjoy those also, but my thing is to help Windows users with problems. I'm hoping and thinking there's room for both and I'm hoping I can be a asset to TS.:D

Hi! I've only been here a short time. I'm really enjoying the forum. After looking around the forum, It appears to me that TS use to be a lot more active with solving Windows problems. Wondering if that will ever happen again. Maybe users aren'y having as many problems they use to have? Any way I'm really enjoying TS.

Slight variation: if someone is already coaching an issue, I like to see how it pans out - I'm learning too.

Sometimes I become concerned that too many answers can confuse the OP.

Slight variation: if someone is already coaching an issue, I like to see how it pans out - I'm learning too.

Sometimes I become concerned that too many answers can confuse the OP.
Hi! I think if we all work together, the confusion will be at a minimum. If I needed help, I would appreciate more then one person helping, but that's just me. I have been on threads where there might have been confusion. That's when I bow out and watch. Thanks for your reply!

I don't want to feel like I own the thread just because I was the first one to respond to a member asking a question.
IMO, I don't think any contributors I've read take that attitude. Once in a while one suggestion contradicts another and that needs to be resolved using information that clarifies the issues - - and that can get ticklish :gulp: But ownership? Only the OP has a vested interest (y)

I'm just saying "Everyone is welcome on threads where I'm suggesting things for the OP to try solving their issues." When I see a conflict, I bow out and watch as you have probably observed me do.:D
IMO, I don't think any contributors I've read take that attitude. Once in a while one suggestion contradicts another and that needs to be resolved using information that clarifies the issues - - and that can get ticklish :gulp: But ownership? Only the OP has a vested interest (y)

Hi when I find articles like this one below, It makes me think that TS use to be a lot more active in solving Windows issues.
What do you think? Here's a good example that I just used on another thread. This is a excellent article and shows what I'm trying to say about TS. https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/troubleshooting-sudden-reboots-crashes.44306/(y
PS Before you start hollering at me, I know this is not related to this thread. Just a example of what I'm trying to say about TS. Wish I would have been a member here, when these kind of articles were being created.:D

Yes, the OP in your example is very fine and full of good information, but did you notice the number of new topics which were then introduced, one of which was 8 years late to the party? There must be 6 which should have only appeared in NEW threads. Sticky Posts at the top of a forum which are then closed to replies seem to help a bit with this problem (I.e., a new post tangential to a post from months/years ago) so the advice stays on topic. User Guides were also introduced and some really helpful guidance is available there.

I think it is that many folks who seek help fail to help themselves - though I also think we add to that difficulty by not digging more into the details and gaining a better understanding of the issues. A few sessions of helping where the original information is incomplete or inaccurate can wear a responder out.

See this post from 14 years ago: https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/guide-to-making-a-good-post-thread.33297/ dated May 1, 2003.

PS, a classic lead on a request for help is "my problem is just like this one", where the owner of that post has a Win10 i7 system with nVidia GPU and the OP had an XP system with an AMD CPU and integrated graphics.

Last edited:
Hi @Cycloid Torus ! All I was trying to say is that the link has some good suggestions to try for the OP's issues. I did not read all the replies. The first post caught my attention. TS had some excellent writers in the past and their suggestions are still valuable. Where did they all go? I'm guessing they moved on for some reason?

Hi! It's been a fairly busy day. I think we worked together nicely as a team.(y) Team work was great, and hopefully we made some helpful suggestion for members with Windows problems. I hope I didn't step on anyone.:D

Hi! I'm helping members on 4 difficult threads here on the forum.;) Anyone that wants to join me with your suggestions, would be welcomed and appreciated.:DTeam work is good!

Sure Friend.
Hi Friend! Not sure what you're saying? You will always be welcome on threads where I'm offering suggestions for Windows issues.;) I believe that team work is a good thing. Also you need to know when to back off and not confuse the OP.:D
Welcome to TS. Those are my thoughts. ;)

Only a small portion of Techspot traffic are people who have created an account. The majority are people who don't wish to correspond. They are only here to read the material. It's nothing new, I visit sites and I don't create an account all the time. Mainly because I don't see myself becoming a resident member, I'm only a passerby. Many people are that way when they visit Techspot. Some may even have an account but don't see a need in logging in at that time.

Thanks @cliffordcooley for your reply.(y) It's good that TS has that many guests. They have also registered a lot of new members here sense I joined, and that's a good thing. You are appreciated my friend. Can you explain the robots and what part they play here on TS?
;) I'm really enjoying TS and I'm hoping I'm a asset here.:D

Hi @cliffordcooley The title of my thread.
It seems there are 6 answering issues
It seems that there are only a few of us that reply to windows issues here on TS forum. That's OK, and I'm thinking we make a great team; and we are working well together. I'm really enjoying TS. I'm not a stranger to help forums and I'm betting you aren't either .:D See you on the forum new friend!(y)

Hi Yes I'm fairly a new member here on TS, and I realize I have a way to go before I earn my wings on TS. I'll always give you my best shot. What you see is what you get.:D I don't know who thought up these titles here on TS, but I really hate my new title (Addict) Yes I'm addicted to TS, but I'm not a Addict. ROFL! See you on the forum!;) Having a little fun tonight! I really am enjoying TS. This is not my first rodeo!

And BTW that is very common on other forums as well that the guests can be 10 times the number of actual members present. I am a manager on TSF and see those kinds of percentages all the time and we are a million member forum. I even have many friends who read and comment on my posts there who are not members and for some reason refuseto join even though they are there all the time.

Back