iTunes 7 Problemos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Rosenrosen

Hi there-
Just downloaded iTunes 7 along with Quicktime. The download and install appears to be fine. However, once I launch iTunes after the installer I get an error that contains appcompat.txt & iTunes.exe.mdmp.

I checked the event viewer and here's what it says (all are Application Errors)

Entry 1:
Fault bucket 00470146.

Entry 2 :
Faulting application iTunes.exe, version 7.0.0.70, faulting module QuickTime.qts, version 7.1.3.100, fault address 0x00069b60.

Entry 3:
Windows cannot access the file C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\QuickTime.qts for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program QuickTime because of this error.

Program: QuickTime
File: C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\QuickTime.qts

Then, there's a Dr Watson file that says
The application, C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 09/14/2006 @ 18:51:59.171 The exception generated was c0000006 at address 66869B60 (QuickTime!DllMain)

So, I try to uninstall both quicktime & iTunes, and it won't let me do either. I simply get "Fatal Errors", or something along those lines.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dr R

Also,

I've tried reinstalling each program in a standalone fashion. No dice

iTunes 7 Problem

Like many people,I also had garrbled sound and other problems after installing iTunes 7.I reinstalled iTunes 6 and all is now back to normal.

hmm.. i guess jimsky has a point.. try rolling back to itunes 6 or redownload itunes 7 and see if it helps..

Hi there! I performed the operations in the article, and it's not working with 6.0 either...

Fault bucket 304201713.
Fault bucket 304201713.
Faulting application itunes.exe, version 6.0.5.20, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x10001040.

Any help is appreciated. I need to hear some music!! :)

One more thing...

I have tried to install all versions of iTunes. The event viewer says it has succesfully installed, but it never runs. I still get that fault bucket error and the "faulting application itunes.exe...etc."

Hey,

I've been having the same problems with my Itunes (garbling when other programs are open). Its a pity since the new Itunes looks pretty cool otherwise with the different ways of viewing your music and all. I found this solution through Justin Mann's article (ON Techspot) http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=651647&tstart=0

So far it seems to have fixed the problem though I don't realy know what it does, but i think it may bring down the quality of the sound.

Uninstall Version 7 and use an older version until iTunes version 8 come out.

7 is bugged.

try using a registry cleaner to get any crap out.

Far shot but can't hurt nontheless - reinstall your audio codecs by going into device manager and removeing them, then reboot windows to self-reinstall it again.. but i'm pretty sure that the apple link provided above should work anyways..

I had the same error “Faulting application iTunes.exe” I tried everything suggested on this post but nothing worked. I took drastic steps to resolve my problems. I searched on all Quicktime files on my machine and deleted all references to it. Next I searched my registry (Click start then run and type REGEDIT) for the same Quicktime keys and deleted all keys with a Quicktime reference. This is obviously dangerous and can render your system useless if you’re not careful. Then I reinstalled the stand alone version of Quicktime and then iTunes to fix my problem. Not for the faint of heart, but “No guts no glory”. I recommend backing up your registery and anything else that’s important to you before deleting keys from the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back