John McAfee is running for President, on a boat, while on the run from US authorities

William Gayde

Staff
Facepalm: John McAfee, the eccentric antivirus creator, has announced that he will run his official 2020 presidential campaign from a boat. He is currently on the run from US authorities over years of tax evasion.

The 73-year-old McAfee said he has thousands of volunteers working for his campaign already. He calls them "road warriors who, once a month are going to appear in parks, street corners, restaurants all around America while I speak through loudspeakers." McAfee's campaign manager, Rob Loggia, described the strategy as similar to strapping an iPad on someone's head like a telepresence robot.

McAfee has previously stated that he has not paid taxes in 8 years and that the IRS has convened a grand jury to charge him with unspecified crimes. He has also had a host of other legal troubles including unlicensed drug manufacturing and weapons possession. Most notably, he is a person of interest in the murder of Gregory Faull.

In terms of his policies and platform, some areas are clear and others aren't. The main theme of his campaign is freedom from government where he envisions a world in which citizens are free from its control.

McAfee has long advocated for the rise of cryptocurrencies over our modern banking system. He believes that because of this, governments will not be able to collect income tax in the future.

He stated to Fox News that he has "no idea" about immigration, foreign relations, or education. Instead, he is focusing solely on freedom of the people. McAfee views our current two-party system as an illusion fluctuating between the extremes on both ends.

He has regularly taunted the US authorities while on the run so it will be very interesting to see where this whole story goes in the future.

Permalink to story.

I think he's been closely following the Trump discussion around presidents pardoning themselves...

McAfee views our current two-party system as an illusion fluctuating between the extremes on both ends.

Hah! It may seem like that, because it's always the binary positions on issues like guns or abortion being laid out, but really, by the rest of the world's standards, the U.S. has a centre-right and a mid-right party. Hardly two extremes.

This is a good thing, not nec John being President, but him running.

He is a person (like normal humans) who hate Politics and simply looks overtop "Politically Correct" things and doesn't use kiddie gloves in dealing with fragile people. DC needs less swamp things and more angry americans who keep seeing the constitution get crapped on.

If the whole thing were not completely laughable it would be sad ..... and it is ......

McAfee's campaign will be centred around building a great firewall. At least it'll be more feasible than Trump's barrier aspirations.
If only democrats actually cared about more than just opposing Trump.

OFG4Ouu.png

This is a good thing, not nec John being President, but him running.

He is a person (like normal humans) who hate Politics and simply looks overtop "Politically Correct" things and doesn't use kiddie gloves in dealing with fragile people. DC needs less swamp things and more angry americans who keep seeing the constitution get crapped on.
I'm sorry, but to me, the pictures in this article make him look like a swamp thing.

If he did somehow get elected, my bet is nothing would get done during his administration. He may be pi$$ed at how things are, but my bet is that anger comes from not having things the way he wants instead of what is good for the citizens of the US. I would not be surprised if a significant portion of that anger comes from the fact he is on the lam for tax evasion. Too bad, too, because, IMO, he is probably someone who can afford to pay the taxes, but refuses to because it would make his stack smaller.

IMO, most of these super-rich corporate types (insert your favorite names here) have no clue what it is like to live on a "middle class" income. Because they have "made it" and can have literally anything they want, they act like spoiled brats in adult bodies. Their bodies have grown, yet their minds and their wisdom remain locked in infancy. IMO, they take themselves far too seriously and have no room to even contemplate the fact that they are just as error-prone as any other human being on the planet. IMO, its a shame because if they were willing to entertain the fact that they make mistakes and look at those mistakes, they might gain a modicum of wisdom.

I would probably laugh, if I thought I could stop once I got started. I never thought I would find something so funny, humor was lost somewhere along the way.
My thoughts exactly.

Whatever higher power you believe in or don't help us if he were to somehow get elected.

McAfee's campaign will be centred around building a great firewall. At least it'll be more feasible than Trump's barrier aspirations.

OFG4Ouu.png
Well with two years of a majority in house and senate and that Trump was not able to get funding for his wall, I find it disingenuous that he blames democrats. IMO, this is just more drama and reality TV for Trump.

If only Trump cared about anything more than Trump.

I thought the qualifications include: able to read and write, certain age, of sound mind and body... ;)

OFG4Ouu.png
Well with two years of a majority in house and senate and that Trump was not able to get funding for his wall, I find it disingenuous that he blames democrats. IMO, this is just more drama and reality TV for Trump.

...Do people not understand that having a simple majority doesn't mean much when you need a super majority to get past a filibuster in the senate? That statement about the republicans having majorities is misleading/ignorant in this day and age.

I'm all for freedom and reduced waste of tax dollars but this guy is freaking crazy. He is just too far off the wall support even if I did agree with a lot of his views (which I don't).

Seems like he is pulling a Bull-Moose. He has to know that he won't win, but he likely will split the right (specifically the libertarian right). Whether this will make thing easier for Trump (split the third party candidates on the right), or harder (taking votes away from Trump) remains to be seen.

Seems like he is pulling a Bull-Moose. He has to know that he won't win, but he likely will split the right (specifically the libertarian right). Whether this will make thing easier for Trump (split the third party candidates on the right), or harder (taking votes away from Trump) remains to be seen.

The number of votes he receives will be infinitesimal. Not like Perot in 1992 or Nader in 2000.

You can blame the Democrats though. They don't care about security, or the People's will... they only care about denying Trump and calling his campaign (& the People's wishes) as a "vanity project" that they don't like.

News Flash: It does not matter if Liberals don't like it, borders are our laws and one of the 5 things the Constitution demands the Federal Government to do. They are keeping the government shut down, because they don't like the president, or the People who voted for him. It is Politics and nothing more.

OFG4Ouu.png

This statement is wholly misleading. This comment is referencing Rep. Granger’s amendment to H.R. 28. In fact while democrats did vote against that Amendment, they did vote for the bill that it was to be attached to which itself would see federal employees paid. So in reality democrats supported paying federal employees and they voted for a bill that would do just that. They simply didn't like the way that amendment did it.

All spreading fake news like this is doing is pushing everyone to extremes when if you look at the facts neither the democrats or republics are as extreme as clickbait would suggest.

The one keeping the government closed right now is Trump and Trump alone. Democrats and republicans had agreed on a bill to open the government because Trump decided he didn't want to trade wall funding for a DACA extension.

Anyone that doesn't think we need a wall, has never spent time in the border states. They may have felt a ripple, but in the border states it is a full blown tide. The government shutdown is not Trumps fault. The ***** politicians are refusing to negotiate at the table. They are doing so spitefully because they are simply anti-Trump. That is all there is to it.

I would probably laugh, if I thought I could stop once I got started. I never thought I would find something so funny, humor was lost somewhere along the way.
Yeah, but We were laughin when Trump run for president. Not that funny anymore.
So true. When trump stated he would run for president I honestly thought it was a joke, when he won.. I feelt like I was sent to a different dimension. Lol

Yeah and with trump winning.everyone thinks .if he can do it so can I.everyone and their dog is running in the next race.LMFAO.

You can blame the Democrats though. They don't care about security, or the People's will... they only care about denying Trump and calling his campaign (& the People's wishes) as a "vanity project" that they don't like.

News Flash: It does not matter if Liberals don't like it, borders are our laws and one of the 5 things the Constitution demands the Federal Government to do. They are keeping the government shut down, because they don't like the president, or the People who voted for him. It is Politics and nothing more.

"It is Politics and nothing more."

Yup, and when there's a Dem in the WH, the Repubs do the same. Different issues, same politics, just switch sides. The funny part is when people argue one side over the other like "their" side is somehow better or different. LOL

Back