Just a quick note...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
You will have noticed TechSpot site was down for nearly 24 hours. Yesterday we suffered from a hard drive failure which got the site down until today, luckily we were able recover our stored data intact... it could have become a real disaster since we didn't have everything entirely backed up (you can blame me for that), of course that will become first priority after what we just went through.

We should be getting up to speed later today, but before that I believe we should thank The Planet tech support team for all their help and getting us back up as fast as possible, triple-A score for them. Our own Per also helped through the process since I really had to get some sleep at some instance.

I'm really glad to be here again & I should apologize for any inconviniences we may have caused to you.

Well, if anyone complains they need to chill because it isn't like we are paying for access :).

Good job Julio.

I'm sure there are no hard feeling toward you or the site. This sort of stuff happens, and you just have to deal with it. Although I must say I did miss it for a day and that was horrid. Very glad we got everything sorted out, Nice job Per and Julio :grinthumb

Maybe its time to consider using RAID to prevent this kind of thing from happening again. I'd have thought all commercial websites would run RAID on thier servers. Glad its all fixed now:=).

We will contract a backup solution package also offered by The Planet, I'd say this was a good experience given what we learned... I can remember a few other sites (tech sites) that have lost many information because of the lack of a good backup. Examples that come to my mind: TheTechZone (lost forums), Icrontic (lost everything), TR (a few days worth of posts, although this last one is bearable).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back