1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

KFC is making a wacky and slightly creepy dating simulator

By Cal Jeffrey · 5 replies
Sep 10, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. Chicken fryer KFC has never shied away from branded off-product ideas like a special edition smartphone, wing box drones, and other wacky PR stunts. It even introduced an inventive, if somewhat creepy, VR training game a couple of years ago. This year the company has unleashed a new video game that has players vying for the Colonel’s affections.

In a partnership with developer Psyop, the chicken franchise has created a dating simulator called “I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Licking Good Dating Simulator.” A page for the game appeared on Steam today, but it will not be available for a couple more weeks.

Players fill the role of a culinary student trying to woo a young and more attractive version of Colonel Sanders, who is a fellow student at the school. It seems to be a standard cookie-cutter dating sim with multiple characters, including a dateable king of fried chicken. It breaks away from the mold with cooking battles, “battle battles,” and a degree from a fake culinary school.

While Psyop is providing development services for the game, it claims that KFC is entirely responsible for the concept and content of the dating sim.

A trailer for I Love You, Colonel Sanders! reveals a Japanese anime style akin to other games in this genre. Visuals appear hand-drawn, and conversations are in the typical text-box style.

The developers were vague on how much content the game contains, only saying that there are “multiple hours of play-through.”

KFC's concept is somewhat creepy, but then again, so was the VR training simulator.

I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Licking Good Dating Simulator will be available through Steam on September 24 for Windows and macOS. There was no word on price, but being a silly KFC promotional item, it will probably be free.

Permalink to story.

2. yRaz

yRaz Nigerian Prince Posts: 2,960   +2,293

I'm so down

3. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 5,680   +4,025

Hey, KFC is the leader of fried chicken and a hot date. It's a well known fact that If you are a true Kentuckian you'll have chicken for breakfast, chicken for lunch, and chicken for dinner .... come midnight you'll have a breast in each hand, looking for another piece .....

4. mrtraver

mrtraver TS Evangelist Posts: 429   +139

I still love KFC food, but pretty much everything they have done for the last 5 years is at least somewhat creepy.

5. Ravalo

Ravalo TS Member Posts: 84   +24

Wattpad approves this

6. summermick

summermick TS Rookie

I liked KFC 15+ years ago, found now days every fast food restaurant tastes and smells like Mexican food in California, missed the KFC gravy smell.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...