Kingwin AS-3000 Modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSFAN

Hi all, I've been hard at work in modifiying my watercooling unit, I know it is not such a good product, but after modifications it is amazing. Soon I will post some pictures if anyone is interested. Here is a list of what I've done:

1. Drained the system
2. Took it apart
3. Took out all stock fans, replaced with Antec Led Fans
4. Took out the restrictive stock tubing, replaced with Tygon 3/8
5. Ran leak test for 3 hours, at the beginning there was one leak, which I fixed with some tightening of c-clamp.
6. Modified front panel, placed another grill, as well as the back panel
7. Modified knob lightning

After all this, when I replaced the tubing, I immediately noticed that the flow meter was spinning much faster, and this effectively reduced my temperatures about 2-3 Celsius at load. Replacing the fans, with better airflow and quieter fans also brought the temps down 1-2 Celsius, also the use of Danger Den MCT-5 Coolant brought my temperatures down 2-3 Celsius as well.
In the end, I used to get a load temp of about 44 Celsius, now I only get about 37-38 Celsius. Quite pleased with the project and acheivement. If you guys want pictures, or illustrations of how I did this, just ask. I will post them later.

here are the pics. Last one is of my computer.:grinthumb

WARNING PICTURES ARE BIG IN SIZE

I have two thermal diodes, one under the heatsink, and one above. One from the watercooling unit and the other from the case.
EDIT: If you guys want pictures of the insides, I will post them for your viewing pleasure.
Next I am going to modify my laptop; add some lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back