KoTor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magniitude

Well im playing KOTOR on my laptop:

p4 1.6 ghz
128 mb intel 915 chipset
512 ram

So im playing fine for a couple nights in a row and its kinda laggy in larger areas, but im just playing it on vacation. Today, when i tried to run it, im getting these wierd lines during the underworld part on taris and the game crashes with that stupid windows error after like 3 minutes of playing. Im not overheating, and ive rebooted, tried running on lowest settings, and nothings working. everything loads fine to the part when i start playing. Anyone have any hints?

The lines are a sign of being overclocked or burned up. If you overclocked your gfx card, undo all changes. But if you didn't, you might have burned up your card when you were playing it the couple of knights (haha, get it?) before. Since it is a laptop, take it to your hometowns computer shop and have them take a look at it.

Ive tried another save file from another part of the game and it works fine, its just this part of the game. The night before i played in that part it didnt have any problems now it does.

If it is just one part of the game, then your video card is probably fine. You might have some corrupted files on your computer that may cause the weird stuff. Try playing up to that part of the game where you are having trouble (if you want to bother with the time) and see if you still have problems. If you do, archive and save your save files somewhere and then do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game, see if it fixes it.

Kotor being a pretty graphicly demanding game, and you having those built in graphics, your gonna have some trouble. I seriuosly doubt anything is damaged. You just dont have enough power to play the game. No biggie.

Sean

BTW- kotor 1 is on of my favoirte rpgs

NVM i fixed it amazing what a specific google search can do :) All i had to do was disable grass and ill see if i can re-enable it after this part.

Somebody plz help me! I just got KOTOR, and it wont run.

I have the ATI Xpress 200. will it run?
Everytime I run it, an error box will pop up and it says bunch of weird letters.
Example: bunch of Rectangles and other letters. PLZ reply ASAP!

more information

nobody can help you if you just say "i got an error message and a bunch of wierd letters" you have to copy and paste the error message to a post so people can understand what you're saying.

akaperfectman said:
Somebody plz help me! I just got KOTOR, and it wont run.

I have the ATI Xpress 200. will it run?
Everytime I run it, an error box will pop up and it says bunch of weird letters.
Example: bunch of Rectangles and other letters. PLZ reply ASAP!

I've got the same problem.... :( When I click "game" to boot it up it shows the ebon hawk then dissapears and does not run. When I updated the game It showed that error with a few random letters and empty boxes when I tried to run it... I dont have the reccommended graffics card though...I've got a RADEONX850 512 MB and this problem occurs for me :( its not the reccommend specs but it does meet minimum and should still work! I reinstalled the game and now havent patched it...still not working I dont know what to do! HELP! If anyone cna resolve this I would thank them anyway possible!

I am getting frustrated soo much just to play this game. I hope someone will reply ASAP. not like last time which I had to wait about 2 months to get a reply from someone. I read some forums in sites that Intel Pentium Dual Core is not good with Kotor. Last time, I had ATI xpress 200. but now, I got a new graphics card which is Nvidia 7600GT 256MB. I thought I was going to play but I get the same error as before.

(e.g. < ✚✚✚✚✚EI✚✚✚✚✚TT✚
EO✚✚✚✚✚✚
LD
✚✚CI✚✚✚✚✚✚DO FAAB✚✚✚✚✚^✚s6 )

It would be an honor if someone replies my thread imediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back