Laptop CD reading problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minus

Thanks in advance for any responses I get to this thread.

I have a new Gateway laptop, and I am having some problems getting certain CDs to read properly. Particularly, it is two Starcraft CDs that I'm trying to install on my laptop for college.

It is not a gaming laptop, but since Starcraft is such an old game, it can handle it well. In fact, I got the game on it once, but I had to struggle with it and try many time to get them to read properly. Unfortunately, I had to roll back my laptop and now have to reinstall.

When I put the CD in, nothing happens, even after waiting for an extended period of time. Then, after opening the ROM I get one of these two errors:

Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x75BC023C 0x8BDE8234 0x75BC023C 0x75BC023C

Error: 0x00000015: The device is not ready.
(SafeSF.cpp:64)

I would like to specify that it is not the CDs, they are in great shape and work perfectly well on my PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Minus

What's the min requirements for this game? The laptop how old is it? Some business laptops just can't run games prior to 2003.

depending upon how old, you may have to run it in compatibility mode. Especially if you are using vista.

My first and only guess is that the cd is dirty and the cdrom is dirty too. You need to purchase a cd that cleans cdrom heads. When you purchase this, sometimes they come with an alcohol based solvent to clean cd's.

I get that problem from time to time and cleaning both the heads and the cd itself always makes the problem go away and it works as intended.

If it's dirty you can buy a can of dust remover and a CD/DVD disc with tiny micro brushes on two side of disc that will clean the laser eye for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back