Laptop charger not charging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys i have a dell inspiron 6400 laptop.
My charger is a 65watt charger.
I plugged it into my laptop and it says the ac adapter can not be recognised or something and says f1 to continue on optimized something or f2 to shut down, It will let me use my computer if plugged in but when i take my charger out my computer will shut down before i can say pooperscooper. This charger is new.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Cameron

You need to replace it with a genuine Dell replacement adapter. Aftermarkets will NOT work on that unit.

It is a dell charger, I had it shipped from hong kong, It works with my laptop dell inspiron 6400, I read the details and all. All the specifications are correct.

If it's from Hong Kong, how much do you want to bet it's a knockoff that you bought on Ebay. Unless it's an actual Dell branded unit (it says Dell right on it, not "compatible" or whatever), it will NOT work. Dell BIOSes will detect an aftermarket unit or a broken Dell unit and refuse to charge. I keep genuine Dell units on hand for exactly that reason.

I had a guy bring his Dell in not long ago. A tech in Toronto told him he'd have to replace his motherboard. I plugged a Dell adapter in it and it worked instantly.

Send it back to them.

It is a dell charger, It has the dell symbol on the front of it engraved and has all the right specifications.

ok, if that's the case then try another one to see if that one is faulty. They can go faulty as well, with the same result.

Confused

I'm confused.

I have the same laptop and replaced the power adapter last week with a 3rd party company brand and it has worked fine since I got it. I have not expierenced any unexpected power downs or battery charging problems at all. And I did get mine off of eBay as well. The power adapter is made by Denaq and they offer a 1-year warranty in case something does go wrong. And they were priced about 10-15 dollars less then everything else I was finding. These were huge selling points to me when I was browsing for a decent piece. All of the ones I did look at on eBay all had no names attached or were just all black. Am I missing something, or did I just get lucky with one that works?

I think you got VERY lucky. . In fact, I even question the legitimacy of the post as it sounds more like a marketing campaign than a legitimate confusion (backed by the fact that you registered just to make that post.. makes me think you're a vendor of that scrap pile Chinese garbage).

It's funny...though...almost ironic. Today, sitting on my bench, is a Dell laptop.. Guess what the problem is? If you guessed "the power adapter!" you're absolutely right. lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back