Laptop freezing intermitanttly every couple of seconds. Distrupting typing

Hi guys.

Been recently having problems with my new laptop.

Please bear with me since it is very difficult to type at the moment and this message will probably take me a good 15 mins to type, since i have to deletee random keys i type since it types 3 of one or none at all of a letter while i type due to freezing. I am not illiiterate and do know how to use keyboard haha :)

Anyways,
I would really apprrrciate if someone could help me with this since its ffrying my mind at the moment.

Basically the problem is computer is randomly freezing every 2-3 seconds for a split second resulting in mmaking typing and gaming really annoying.

The laptop i have is

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe....t/Satellite-Pro-L670-14P/1086896/toshibaShop/

I really dont want to reformat my computer which is the only thing i can think of to do at tthis moment.

There isnt really much else i can give in terms of the problem, i dont think my laptop is overheating, since it isnt hot at all neeeaar the fan, i have fully scanned for viruss with AVG and spybot and theyyyhavnt helped.

Im really stuck with what i can do.

Can someone please help.

Immm thinking tthere is something running in the background resulting in this freezing. It is a new computer and was working fine when i got it so im guessing it isnt hardware rellated.

Thks

Dann

Are you on Windows 7
Download Advanced System Care Free
Press the Care Button (this does it all automatically)
Did it find and fix your problem.

If not, remove download MSE from Microsoft and remove all Norton or other AV on your system. Do a full scan with MSE.
Did it fix your problem

thanks for replying!

I installed advancced care system freeee and scanned my computer.

And then i uninstalled AVG and spybot.

And then i installed MSE and did a full scan.

Judging by my typig its clear this didnt help mmy current freezing dilemma!

Is there anytting else ican do?

REALLY appreciited for your help :)

Dan

Oh, i am using wiiinows 7 by the way

Hi mike tried those 2 programs and run nthe wisecleannnr one twice.. Still no fixeddthe problem.

Im aaabit stuumped as to what to do now.

shoulddd i reformat??

Take it easy. Don't go postal yet! We may decide to go that way, but first, lets try to find out what is happening.
And don't worry about my next suggestion either...

There are some tools used by our Malware experts to help identify what is currently running on your system. There are other ways we can do this, but these tools are easy to use, and in the proper hands can help in several ways... one is a quick check to may sure there is no malware on board. But it depends on the version of Win7 you are using... 32bit or 64bit?

Let me check with a friend, and get back to you before you do anything drastic.
I have a couple ideas that may help.

Okayy i wont :)

Thanks for your help, i reallyyycant thank you enoughh, if i couuld id buy you all aa beer.

My OS is a 64 bit.

Geting late where i am gona sleep...been trying to fixx this for 9 hours now lol

Willl try what you have in mind wheen i finish work tommorow

I have not yet had time to hear back from my friend, but I think I would rather leave the anti-malware tools in "their" hands for the moment.
Instead of the original tools I was considering, what I would like for you to do is
  • Download Process Explorer, by SysInternals. (Just Click on this link)
    This link will take you to their site where you can read about it.
  • Unzip the file to its own folder on your desktop, where it will be easy to find.
  • Go into the folder and Run the program.
  • When it runs, it will generate a screen that looks something like this...
    {see attached image}
  • Click on the "File" drop-down menu, and select "Save As", to save the report "Procexp.txt" to your desktop.
  • Attach that report to your next post. Along with any comments about how this went.
With this report, we may be able to figure out what is running in the background to give you so much trouble.
If it doesn't adequately do the job, THEN I may refer you to the malware board.

Attachments

• running processes-sm.jpg
    running processes-sm.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2
--- update ---
I would suggest using process explorer to stop these, one at a time.
Any of them could be causing the slowdown you are experiencing.
After stopping one, see how your system is working, then if you still need improvement, move onto the next.
When you are satisfied that you know which services you are willing to live with (and live without),
then let us know, and someone will help you with configuring your system to allow the desired processes and disallow the undesired ones.

---optional processes that could be slowing your system ---

wlcomm.exe - legitimate - provides desirable function - but...

Down to end-user preference. On most PCs this task, WLCOMM, consumes significant amounts of resources, and sometimes, on some PCs, it also uses upwards of 30% of CPU time (processor time), so if memory or CPU conservation is an issue for your (ie. maybe your PC is running slowly) then you should consider disabling Windows Live Contacts by not having any information automatically exchanged between your Windows Live Messenger and that of your friends.

MsMpEng.exe - legitimate - provides desirable function - but...

results are mixed. For the most part it runs quietly in the background providing, "real-time protection." One user reports. The problem the last few starts has been MsMpEng.exe (Windows Defender) crippling my machine with heavy CPU utilization. See here for his resolution...
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/d3e8381a-52e8-40a1-bd6f-820113e0e4b3

WLIDSVCM.EXE- legitimate - provides desirable function - but...

Down to end-user preference. On most PCs this task, consumes significant amounts of resources; Windows Live Sign-in Assistant which is an Internet Explorer add-on that comes included with Windows Live Smart Clients, such as Windows Live Messenger. The goal of this add-on is to help make your sign-in experience faster and more convenient for users that have more than one Windows Live ID account.

SearchIndexer.exe- legitimate - provides desirable function - but...

Down to end-user preference. On most PCs this task, consumes significant amounts of resources; powerful windows search, but sometimes it uses a amount of CPU Usage and may utilizes near 100% CPU usage. Instructions to disable here: http://windows-7-help.blogspot.com/2010/02/disable-searchindexerexe-in-windows-7.html

BackgroundDownloader.exe- legitimate - provides desirable function - but...

Blizzard Downloader. As a background process, this will take clock cyles, and could slow your computer.

Please note that this was not a malware check.
I was only looking for processes that might be optional and are known to be resource hogs.

To Use Process Explorer to Kill or to Suspend a process.
Right click on the process and then select Kill or Suspend.
If you suspend a process, you can resume it without reboot.
If you kill a process, it will not return until reboot.

I will not be back now until the end of the week.
Maybe others can step in and help some more in my absence.

--- ONE MORE THING... ---
I would advise removing "Advanced System Care"
that Tipster recommended.
This is a bad program and so it the download site itself.

If you have any questions, please contact our Anti-Malware team,
who are the source of this tip...
I see that Major Geeks is hosting it, and it is reviewed favorably by CNET.
Still, I find our Anti-Malware team to be reliable in their advice.

---Original post---
I am working on it. This could take a while. Don't reply.
I will edit this post when I have more information for you.

Hi thanks for your help so far.

When i turned my computer on about an hour ago, it was the same situation as last night, still being completely homosexual with my typing and freezing.

But now........ all of a sudden from nowhere it started working again and i did absolutely nothing at all for this to happen. It just started working all by itself for no apparent reason.

I really wish i knew what the problem was, because im pretty certain and scared it might just happen to start being homo again and start freezing from nowhere.

Maybe it was something running in the background.

But im not sure what it was.

If i get the problem again ill be sure to post on here again in search for diagnosing this problem.

here is another possibility!
If your cpu is overheating, your cpu clock may be automatically clocking down, slowing your system.
Once background processes are quiet, then your cpu is not as much in demand, meaning not as much heat, and it can reset itself to a higher clock speed.

To check your system temps, I would suggest you get either

i would try creating new user account and see if the problem still persists. also, check the intel turbo boost status at services.msc

One easy test that could be tried without causing any more damage, is to run Internet Explorer with no 'Add-ons'. From the desktop, click on 'Start', then in the search bar, type 'Internet explorer'. In the list that appears, click on the second option down, 'Internet Explorer (no add-ons)' If using IE like this works, then you need to have a look in 'Tools', 'Internet options','Programs', 'Manage add-ons', and see how many 'extras' you can do without. I have known this to make a massive difference to a sluggish Acer Aspire. Would be interesting to know if your keyboard is so slow, if you are using say 'Notepad' or 'Word' while not connected to the 'net.

I was having the same problem with my new HP laptop.
The solution for me was to uninstall the Mcafee antivirus software that came preinstalled with the computer. I know it sounds weird. But I've heard of situations where there are two or more antivirus programs running at once and they conflict with each other. So I removed Mcafee and my keyboard worked as expected after that no more freezing..
I recommend checking to see if Windows defender and another Anti virus are working at the same time and disabling one of them. They conflicted with each other on my machine.
Good luck either way.

I've been having this problem for months. Mouse doesn't move for a second, when typing, letters don't appear. I reformatted in December and still had the problem. I use Google crome, never really load ie for anything, well I read a previous comment about addons. So I opened ie and disabled the addons and right now my "pos" hp laptop is not freezing on me.

You are plugging in a mouse so maybe it's worth unplugging it and restarting to see if the keyboard lag disappears. If it does buy a different mouse.

thanks for replying!

I installed advancced care system freeee and scanned my computer.

And then I uninstalled AVG and spybot.

And then I installed MSE and did a full scan.

Judging by my typig its clear this didnt help mmy current freezing dilemma!

Is there anytting else ican do?

REALLY appreciited for your help :)

Dan

Oh, I am using wiiinows 7 by the way

we have same issue, what I did to mine is rolling back the update of display adapter !
I hope it woks on u

Back