Laptop Keyboard Repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

My Friend asked me to look at her laptop. We think that her husdband has maybe spilt some beer or summat on the keybard.

A few keys around and including the return key do not work. They dont stick at all. They just dont work.

What are my options? Is there a way to fix the keyboard?

There are no spares on ebay. The only one ive found so far online is just under £50. The model is a Sharp PC-GP2520.

Any help much appreciated :)

Go to your local friendly Sharp service shop.

The keyboard is not specific to your laptop model - the same one may be used in dozens of other models. Unfortunately, it is not easy to find out which ones unless you have some connections or experience..

while you're waiting to do nodu's advice, get an external usb keyboard in the meantime.

the keyboard repairing - is very complicated process. first, you should disassembly keyboard.
second: look at the tapes, clean the liquid, and dirty places.
third: look carefully at the roads on the tapes and check the resistances. it sholud be from 0 ohms to 50 ohms.

Yeah i would say make sure you check with the laptop company if they have spare parts. I did that with my dell inspiron 6000 when my dumb roomate dropped a book on my keyboard and broke 2 of the keys. It costed $25 USD shipped and it was very easy to install with a dell. if the company has a spare keyboard i would recommend buying it and asking them how to install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back