Laptop not showing on projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog98146

Hello I'm the multi media guy at our church. I have a gal helping me and she is handy-capped. She uses an on screen keyboard on her laptop. We hooked her laptop to the projector and the windows start page shows up on the screen, but then the projector disconnects its self from the laptop once she logs in. She is eager to run the power-point slide show for the church but I can't seem to get her laptop to work with the projector, any suggestions? I'm sure there are other handy-capped folks out there that run slide shows from laptops that can't use a regular keyboard. She has a pad she uses as a pointing device to work her mouse cursor and keyboard on the screen. Thanks anyone for your help.

Hi

right click the desktop > properties > Settings > if a second monitor or device is supported it will show there, you should be able to click the box " extend windows desktop...".

You could also try holding down the FUNCTION KEY and pressing the DUAL DISPLAY KEY on the laptop. It will be one of the F-keys at the top of the keyboard. Mine is F5, Dell's are usually F8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back