Laptop Power Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need some help, my laptop has decided it will only work on batteries. In other words I cant charge the laptop, and it will only turn on if the power supply is not plugged in. When I turn on the power supply and put it in the laptop the connector pin gets very hot and I can smell a very nasty burning smell from the laptop !!!!!!!!!

Its not the power supply or battery as I have purchased brand new ones, thinking this was the problem, but its not,
Please help, this laptop is far to good to be scraped.

Thanks

take it into a repair shop as the problem is with the laptop itself. you mentioned it's 'too good', perhaps it was recently purchased and is still under warranty. check what your options with any warranty and manufacturer support before spending your money on a repair job.

well you can't repair the laptop yourself, it has to be serviced by a trained technician with the correct tools/parts. mabye this is because i live in a hige city like chicago, but i find it hard to believe that a strip of land the uk's size containing some 60 million people has no repair shops within 50 miles.

sounds like the power supply is hosed. That happens a lot. I work for the military and we have many laptops in our department. Power supplies go bad all the time. You can try getting a generic power supply - just make sure the voltage and amps are the same.

If that isn't the problem, then you have a bad power receiver internally which requires repair. I'm sure England has a tech somewhere to fix it.

Its not the power supply or battery as Ive replaced both. Yes there is repair shops but in the UK they have a bad reputation of not actually being able to repair the laptop. Im just trying to find out some info before I take it in so I dont get ripped off.

Surely someone on here has heard of a similar experience, Ive heard it is common but any ideas on the problem ???

Thanks

the thing about fixing a laptop is that it requires a specially trained technician with special tools. end users usually get it open with a lot of hassle, but once taken apart they find they can't get it back together. more often than not, they have voided the warranty and destroyed the laptop. your machine will need replacement parts anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back