Laptop Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuLeeds

Hi, I have got a problem with my laptop. When i switch it on it loads up and when it gets to the desktop screen it loads nothing up. All you can see is the cursor for the mouse. no task bar or icons or anything. If someone could let me know what the problem with it please. Thanks StuLeeds

click -> start -> run and then type "msconfig". Is there anything unusual starting up? To check click the startup TAB at the top and take a look.

I have just tried diagnostic startup - load basic devices and services only and it loaded up fine.

the things what are in the start up tab are.

zlclient
SynTPLpr
SynTPEnh
SpyCatcher
SOUNDMAN
SISUSBrg
Rundll32
keyhook
RACONFIG2500
NeroCheck
Rundll32 cmicnfg
AGRSMMSG
ctfmon
Intervideo WinCinema Manager
Microsoft Office
Spycatcher Protector
Utility Tray
Scheduler

when the mouse pointer is available only, press ctrl-alt-del and run explorer.
Is it working then?

from the msconfig, i dun see anything weird but try to off one of these if possible each restart :
zlclient / scheduler / spycatcher / RAconfig2500

The problem you have with your laptop is common. Usually, the "desktop" does not load because there is something missing from the initial installation of Windows, assuming it is what you are using. If your OS is working fine in Safe Mode, then it must not be an installation problem; but, it can be that something is preventing your OS from being fully loaded. That can happen because a spyware, for example, had entered your machine somehow without your knowledge, or you have downloaded something that contains a malicious item. Try, for the sake of it, to scan your machine with "Spybot" or "Ad-aware" for things that may prevented your desktop from loading. You never know, but there might be a hidden process running somewhere in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back