Laptop stuck at Windows start-up...

hi,

i've a problem with my laptop, it'll open till window starting up, then it'll freeze/stuck there for a couple of mins. finally it'll open 2 click ur user name, aft typing my password, it just hang there, if i let it'll hang there forever. i've re-start n even try rebooting it, but it's of no use. cld anybody help me wif it? or tell me what's gng on and wad r da possible action or suggestion i can do? thank heaps.

you don't indicate which version of Windows you're running. Here's things to do for XP

The idea is similar for Vista and Win 7, tho the specific steps will be different..

Once you can get a normal startup i'd also be cautious and check for malware (which can sometimes be the underlying cause)

hi looking ard,

i have d/l da guided help, from my fren laptop, but i need 2 run in my laptop rite? bt if i cant open my laptop window how m i suppose 2 run it? confused

lap dummy

Oooops. You're right. Wrong guide :eek:

Try here, Things to try
> Can you boot into Safe Mode?
> Can you boot into Last Know Good Config

Other options (tho i forget if in that specific guide)
> Trying to do a System Restore

Also, just to know, do you have your XP installation CDs? or do you know if there's a recovery a partition on your hard drive? (it might've been put there my the system vendor instead of giving you installation disks)

yes i think i do have the xp installation CDs, abt the recovery partition i'm not sure. i can reboot in safe mode, aft ur suggestion and i ran the guided help bt it's stil of no use. i can only run my laptop through safe mode, if i try running i n normal window it doesnt open up.

Back