Laptop turning itself ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bellb

Hi, I recently put a Thread on here asking what could cause my laptop to have no power on a morning when it had full power the night before, I just found out last night. I was in bed when an odd noise woke me up, I went towards my desk and my laptop CD drive was spinning so I popped up the screen and the laptop had turned itself on.
This only happens when I hibernate the laptop, but doesn't do it when I completely shut down. I dont want to completely shut down all the time because Hibernate turns on faster, but I dont want my laptop to turn on all the time.
The laptop only turns on during the night on its own and not during the day. I dont have it plugged into the main when it does this, or into a network.

The worst thing is that it is usually in my laptop bag on a night when it does this which is really bad because it could overheat, so please, does anyone know what can cause this problem.
Thanks
Ben

Hi, this happened to me once when I was borrowing my friends Apple Macbook Pro.

You say you have it in your laptop bag, is it on the floor by any chance?

The Mac Pro would start up again because when walking into bed the floor would shake a little and the Laptop picked it up making it start up again, try making sure the top is securely closed and maybe take it off the floor if is on it

Hibernate is a good way to gather infestations, and a better way to wear it out way ahead of schedule. Using it as a daily tool would make me wonder about the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back