Laptop will not start operating system not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. My grand childs laptop has just died for some reason, it's a Samsung NP-R20, he says it refused to start so he brought it to me as I have had to reinstall the OS a couple of times, but I have not come a cross this before.
You turn the laptop on and it takes a while for the Samsung logo to display, then after a long wait it then displays, operating system cannot be found, you cannot get into the Bios menu as it is not shown when the Samsung logo is displayed you get, press f2 for setup, which when you press shows nothing, and f12 for network boot but nothing for getting into bios, also you cannot get into safemode. I tried a Windows XP cd to do a repair install but get the error message, that it has prevented a serious opperation and stoped the XP cd from loading.I took the hard drive out and connected it to my own Pc but it was no reconised in my bios or in my computer. I also took the hard drive and memory out and replaced it but still the same problem. I thought it might be a hard drive problem, but before I buy a new one I would like some advice as could it also be a motherboard problem as it is not showing the bios menu.
Thanks for any help in advance Dave.

I agree with Strategic.
The Samsung hard drive installed is a failure prone unit.
The motherboard is reliable, and you have checked the memory... but you say you removed the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back