Laptop won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...first time here

My laptop won't boot. It turns on, shows the bios, gets to the point where it would boot, but doesn't. It won't boot from HDD or CD. I tried CD without the HDD in too. Not only that, but i can't access the bios settings either. But, i can get it to show the start screen of a Linux Live USB stick (the try linux, install, memory test e.t.c screen). I can get it to do the memory stick, but the try and install functions just make it hang. The memory test showed that my second ram stick was dead, so i took it out, but it still doesn't work.

Its a Tiny laptop, with an intel pentium M 1.6 GHz processor, an ATI radeon mobility 9600/9700 graphics card (not sure which one, system info when it was working contradicted itself)

Thanks in advance,
McMajik

EDIT: if it helps, my laptop is a tiny powerlite c825

...that thread offers no help what so ever. Did you read my post?

My laptop DOES power up. It goes through the BIOS fine. It hangs WHEN IT ATTEMPTS TO BOOT.

did you replace the HDD with the new one, or CD-drive? can you see in bios screen hdd,CD model and serial number?

did you replace the HDD with the new one, or CD-drive? can you see in bios screen hdd,CD model and serial number?

no. When i press F2 to access the bios screen that would have it, it doesn't do anything, and continues to load. I have replaced the HDD once, but i didn't have any problems after that (until now). And the CD drive is the original, but it still works (I've tried it in another laptop that didn't have a DVD reader originally).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back