Last thread about many Vista problems before I destroy my PC

tmoss

Been working on many issues for weeks and I have about give up but decided to give it one more try...Bear with me as I try to list all problems...Some links such as in user accounts, all of the task listed on the left give error cannot find %windir%\\system32\\rundll32.exe.....Manage other account and turn UAC on/off have sheilds beside them and do nothing.....There are other things I click on that say can't find the enviroment variable.....My network icons at the bottom say status not known\dependency service/group failed to start....I go to connect and it says it doesn't connect but yet I am online...I can't make any changes to modem/router....When I click on Media Player it acts like it wants me to install but the install link does nothing...Media Player was already installed...Try to download new one and had same problem....Already posted in malware/virus removal and ran many programs...A few were Malwarebytes, Avast, Kaspersky TSSD, Gmer,ComboFix, OTL,Grant Perms, Security Check, TempFileCleaner,ESET, and more....I am clean....No matter what I or a program I run tries to change, process viewer shows about 50 processes running that look like they are rewriting everything back....Only factory restore is on D drive and the factory restore point is not there....Seems everything I do is being logged....If I am not infected,what can be going on.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name TMOSS-PC
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model XPS M1530
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz, 1667 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A12, 11/19/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
User Name TMoss-PC\Administrator
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.07 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4.91 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.90 GB
Page File Space 2.98 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

NewEgg has been having a lot of "Sales" of Windows 7 home and professional 32 bit and 64 bit lately... as low as $79. After Christmas there will probably be many more. Why fight the losing battles with VISTA forever ?

For now, it looks like you may need to replace, or at least reformat, your hard drive... which could be 4 years old by now For a start, I would have all my files and folders, just in case a cataclysmic failure is ahead of you.

Keep us informed as you figger it out.

You mentioned a System Recovery Partition, have you considered returning your PC back to factory conditions? After weeks and weeks of hunting, sometimes it is easiest to set things back to square one.

Please backup your data if you go with the System Recovery as this will wipe all data on C:\.

I'm not worried about backing up anything...But my factory restore point is not there and I am not sure how to do it another way....

System Recovery Partition has nothing to do with restore points. Restore points are saved points where the OS can back step in times of trouble. System Recovery is used to reset your computer to factory conditions (The way it was when first purchased). You should be able to access the System Recovery process during boot. The keys are normally F1, F2, F11, or similar that starts System Recovery.

Sometimes manufacturers install an application that will create Recovery CD's/DVD's. This is usually only when the Disk were not included in the software package boxed with the PC. I know HP does this but I'm not sure about Dell.

Is there a way to cut off all services and remote systems until i can get this fixed because they keep rewriting things....I already tried to disable some services and change the log on but services manager or someone changes it back

I am in safe mode....Factory restore point not found and no system recovery....seems they are using menu handlers

Back