Latest Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameJunkie72792

I just thought since i haven't been around here in a long time, i'd come back with my latest build...

so here goes:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ 2.0GHz@2.5GHz on stock fan, Crysis doesn;t even make this thing sweat, left over from old build...

Free

4GB OCZ SLI Certified DDR2 PC6400 800MHz

^24.99USD after mail-in

ECS GF8200A Black Series Mobo

^79.99USD

XFX GeForce 9600 GSO 768MB GDDR2

^79.99USD

Case, 450W PSU, DVD-RW Dual layer, and HDD all left over from old build and still strong...

so i updated my rig to PCIe 2.0 status, and pretty much semi-beast mode status for well under 250.00USD

I would reccomend the GSO as a great midrange graphics solution, i'm running FarCry 2 Maxed, DX10, no AA, 1024x768, 25-35FPS, with 8X AA i'm seeing 15-27FPS...

All HL2 based steam games, i.e. HL2, Portal, etc. maxed, 16x CSAA, everything at 1600x1200 30-50FPS...

FEAR maxed with physics, 4X AA (i think cant remember right this second), seeing an average of 45-55FPS

i would reccomend the mobo as well, great overclocking features, ran my RAM full speed out of the box, and plenty of USB expansion, 7.1 audio, all sorts of goodies, the best in the $79-$89 range IMO.

The RAM is sick, like the rest of the parts it looks incredible, the black heat spreaders with the 3d SLI badge really shines in my case. it gets a score of 5.9 in vista, the highest for those who didnt know.... timings are 5-5-5-15 if i remember correctly...

all of these parts would be great if you want to go entry level gaming rig.. this is my 5th rig since like 2004...

i plan on waiting a little, grabbing another ram kit to match, then grabbing a Phenom, and depending on where the graphics are when i grab those i might go for a GTX :-O

but for now this rig is rock solid, running Vista Ultimate x64

now im open for future upgrades since ive upgraded everything from old slowness (i.e. 667mhz ram, and agp :p)

All of this was ordered through tigerdirect, shipped same day, arrived FAST!!!, all for $1.99..

so im glad to say im back and im on a somewhat beastin rig...

I just thought since i haven't been around here in a long time, i'd come back with my latest build...

so here goes:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ 2.0GHz@2.5GHz on stock fan, Crysis doesn;t even make this thing sweat, left over from old build...

I'm sorry but if crysis doesnt make that cpu sweat then I need to ask, what version of crysis are you running. Crysis stresses my pc with even better hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back