Latitude d530 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 7 d530 computers from an online auction, and all of the laptops have a 595b password authentication screen...i am sure you know you can't do anything till this is entered. i tried calling dell and got no help...as i understand why this exist...i am just a guy trying to run a buisness...had i known these were pretty much useless i would have not bought them...so is there any kind soul out there that can help me with this problem.

just to throw this out there i am not trying to be dishonest, or have any dishonest motives...

maybe a schematic of the motherboard so i can short out the cmos chip deal...(don't know what to look for)

or some master password....or default password or some kind of calculator gen thing that will help me with this....i am not very dos intelliget but am learning....

model d530 latitude service tag is: c 5 p r n h 1 express service code: 26466999445

motherboard dp/n is 0hp721 da0dm6mb8c0

The d530 is one of the Dell units that was not meant to allow the password removal.
And we cannot help you, if there were any help, on the Techspot site... as policy prevents us.

Frankly, I have worked on hundreds of them... and don't know an easy solution. There is an outfit in Canada (Ontario) that can do it, but the starting fee is $400...
Shorting out the CMOS chip does not work. The password is in an eeprom on the system board that is very hard to verify, and when you wipe out the eeprom, the board never works again, as far as I know.

You will not get password assistance on TechSpot.

d530

Well thanx.... like i said i understand about the sketchyness of getting a password....i am the one who gets screwed...i should have looked at these first....just thought it was a good deal...of course no mention of this 595b in the listing...but instead of trying to resell these i am going to just throw them away maybe pull some parts off....

thanx again raybay..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back