LG G2 Review: The battle of the Android flagship handsets

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/721-lg-g2/]https://www.techspot.com/review/721-lg-g2/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

I always thought that LG Phones had nice cameras? it seems that LG g2 is even better and sadly LG's UI is a bit laggy in my opinion.. wish they would not abandon this immediately like the previous flagphones they got (ahem optimus).

Excellent review! The screen with ultra-thin bezel looks gorgeous.

It's a very nice phone but it's complicated and has just way too many features. Most of them I'd find useless. I'll stick with mid range phones.

I have to admit, this is a phone I can see myself falling in love with, I'm an iPhone user but if I was in the market to buy a phone right now I would get this if they did a pure Android version, The battery life coupled with that screen and camera is a dream come true!

Incredible phone, awful UI. Fantastic job with the hardware though, LG. I'll be waiting for the N5 with AOSP.

Again a well done review by TechSpot, waiting for the Note III review.

The iPhone 5s does the same thing. There is only a speaker in the right side grill.

It looks like this phone is meant to compete more with the S4 than the One. The One is still a little different with it's lower MP/good low light camera, stereo speakers and premium materials. That's probably good for HTC because the reasons to buy a One still exist.

Compared to an S4 (and probably the Note 3), this looks like some serious competition. I can't justify buying one because I own a new phone, but I think I'll have to strongly recommend this phone to a family member or friend so I can try it out. ;)

After owning 2 LG phones in the past, I'd never buy an LG phone ever again. Their quality and support are just horrible. Nokia and Samsung are still clear winners in those spaces.

People always forget about their ears. What I'm saying is they don't give a S*** about the quality of sound. This phone is the first phone that will support all music quality at 24bit/ 192khz (Studio Quality). Even Tim Schiesser forgot to review the sound and music listening and quality.

The speaker grill is not fake, one is a microphone and the other is for the speaker. It serves a purpose, it obviously would be weird just to put a speaker grill without having functionality. Just figured I would point this out for you! :)

I did test the audio quality - check the performance section. The G2 is an average device in terms of audio playback, I saw no advantage to 24bit/192 kHz audio support especially as the majority of people will listen to standard 44 kHz audio.

Nice screen! However, I'm a serious AMOLED fan. The black levels and contrast are just so nice. I wish LCD tech would just die already. IPS LCD is nice, but OLED is definitely more desirable to me.

Nice review, but I don't get why people always remark that plastic is cheap while aluminum is high quality. Aluminum dents unlike plastic, and plastic gives more impact resistance. I'll take plastic on my phone.

Back