Lines going Up & Down on my HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

stallions

Hi,

I used to have a 128MB radeon 9800 pro. I have an ATI "DVI to Component" adapter for my HDTV and it was working very well with that card.

After about 3 years or so of using my 9800 pro it basically got damaged and had to buy a new card. I bought 256MB radeon X1050 and after installing and connecting my HDTV through it's DVI port, I noticed lines keep going up and down on my HDTV.

I tried different things like changing the resolotion with no luck. I would try playing with the refresh rate but it's stuck at 30 Hz.

I'm not sure if there is something with the card itself or if it's a drivers problem. I did update to the latest drivers though and the picture is clear on my LCD monitor. It's just the HDTV that I'm having a problem with.

The HDTV is shown as a secondary monitor called "Default Monitor" with 2001 drivers. Does that have anything to do with this?

Any ideas?

"The HDTV is shown as a secondary monitor called "Default Monitor" with 2001 drivers. Does that have anything to do with this?"

This card has 2 DVI outputs. Where did you get the drivers? CD or AMD/ATI website? Did you remove the old 9800 drivers first?

Your vertical refresh rate should be 60Hz

My card is the lower model with one DVI output. Yes I did remove the 9800 drivers first.

"Your vertical refresh rate should be 60Hz" That's the problem that I'm having, there is only one option which is 30Hz.

Also, I noticed that when I'm doing nothing (idle state) the flickering (I'm not sure if that's what it is called) almost disappears. But when I start working on the PC again the flickering starts again. Does that mean it's a hardware problem? Like power or RAM or something of that sort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back