Linux on intel D845 GEBV2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aamir

Hi, I installed Red Hat Linux v8 on my intel D845 GEBV2 motherboard but the display is very weired!(i mean not very good, i can't read anything from screen). Why?
i previously used GA-8IDML which worked perfect except i was unable to access internet via motorolla modem.

Can i use my ethernetcard (cable net -LAN)on intel D845 GEBV2 to access internet?

yes u can use your card to access then internet that brings to the fact that u should make sure that u have the right drivers,that also applies to your graphics card,but first make sure that u increase your resolution being that u are using a generic driver,it should work fine.wish u luck.Robin

RedHat 8 is ancient - it probably doesn't support your hardware properly. Unless you have a very good reason, always install the latest version of your distribution. Since you are used to RedHat, I recommend Fedora Core 6 or CentOS 5.

Nodsu said:
RedHat 8 is ancient - it probably doesn't support your hardware properly. Unless you have a very good reason, always install the latest version of your distribution. Since you are used to RedHat, I recommend Fedora Core 6 or CentOS 5.
From where can i download the above mentioned OS? free of charge..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back