Logitech's most advanced portable mouse ever borrows heavily from the MX Master

Shawn Knight

Staff member

logitech mouse mice computer mouse artisan mx anywhere 2 logitech mouse

Logitech unveiled its most advanced wireless mouse ever, the MX Master Wireless Mouse, just a few months ago. We found the MX Master to be an excellent all-around pointer for your desktop but it’s probably a bit too large for most mobile applications.

To that end, Logitech is taking many of the same elements that made the MX Master so great and cramming them into a mobile-minded solution it’s calling the MX Anywhere 2.

This mobile mouse includes the same Darkfield laser that originally debuted on the MX Performance back in August 2009. Furthermore, it can be paired to either a Windows or Mac computer using the included unifying dongle or via a standard Bluetooth connection. Opting for the latter allows you to pair the mouse with up to three systems at once, selectable via a button on the bottom of the pointer.

logitech mouse mice computer mouse artisan mx anywhere 2 logitech mouse

Aesthetically speaking, the MX Anywhere 2 isn’t quite as exotic as the MX Master and would best be described as a fingertip grip mouse. It does, however, retain the same polygon-like thumb grip of its bigger brother albeit on a smaller scale.

Logitech claims the MX Anywhere 2 can last for up to two months on a single charge (and you can get up to two hours of runtime with just a one minute charge).

If you want Logitech’s most advanced portable mouse ever, you’ll need to shell out $79.99 for the opportunity. The company says it’ll launch sometime this month.

Permalink to story.

Yeah. I don't think I'll be coughing up for one, I've never had an affinity for Logitech mice since owning a MX510.

I love my mx performance mouse have enjoyed it for the last 3 years, only downside is the rechargeable battery imo. Wasn't a fan of the mx master, only thing I really liked was having the option bluetooth as well. I skipped the mx anywhere and went with the m705, I found it a lot more comfortable and even fits my hand slightly better then my performance mx, plus uses AAs which last me 4-6 months on average.

I recently picked up a second G602. Really enjoying these mice, replacing my last Performance MX.

GeforcerFX said:
I skipped the mx anywhere and went with the m705, I found it a lot more comfortable and even fits my hand slightly better then my performance mx, plus uses AAs which last me 4-6 months on average.

Actually, the m705 is supposed to last up to three years without changing batteries. Logitech called this model a "marathon" mouse for a reason.

Back