Looking for a good disk partition resizer or way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediSlayer

Well, the title basically says it all. I'm looking for a disk partition program that will allow me to re-size an existing partition that already has Windows XP installed upon it.

Thanks for any help at all,

Tyler

Best luck I've had doing this is with gparted. You should be able to find it at gparted.sf.net

is gparted happy creating partitions on larger drives?

i tried to use qtparted on a samsung 120gb and it hung badly. i later read somewhere that qt doesnt like bigger drives.

just wanna make sure as i'm also looking to give it another shot!

Never used gparted (tho have heard it mentioned often enough to recognize it as a favorite freeware solution).

I will however give a big thumbs up to a commercial solution, Acronis Disk Director, which has handled many different partition issues (including recovery) for me. Free download trial for 15days and (i think) USD $30 to purchase (i found a good investment, personally)

Actually, there is another question that comes to mind now. I downloaded a CD Live image package for GParted, so that I could boot it up and do it that way, however, there are multiple files, and I'm unsure of which files to use.

Link: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gparted/gparted-live-0.3.7-7.iso?modtime=1215010676&big_mirror=0

I suppose I need to use the files contained in the folder "live" and not anything else, correct? I am currently running on Win XP and plan to partition that one. Thanks again.

There are many good programs that do that. I've recommend Acronis Disk Director this work pretty well,
Some other people prefer Partition Magic, gparted and others .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back