Looking for Network card for Optiplex 745

twinoaks

Hi
I am having problems with my internet connection due to update of Windows 10 in Oct.
Did post about this before under "I want to restore Windows 7" which was a daft title.
Anyway, have tried a few things to get back online with advice from some people. However, have not solved the problem yet.
What I want to know is what the best network card for my Optiplex 745?
I brought a PCIE PCI Express 10/100/1000M PC broadcom Gigabit Ethernet Lan Network Card, but does not fit.
So could any of you guys point me to one that will right for my machine.
Regards.
Kevin

This is getting very confusing because you are now running two threads for the same problem. You have ended up with a collection of wireless adapters, PCI and USB, and are still not able to make a wireless connection. If you take your computer and three adapters in to a workshop for assistance they should be able to fix things. I strongly advise against buying yet another of these devices.

I've read your other thread & am curious as to your priorities. Going back to W7 or getting online?
In your other thread, ccleaner was mentioned. Try fixing one problem before moving on to the next. :)

Hi Bazz2004
I'm not going to buying anymore adapters.
What I've done is what you said, installed not worked so uninstalled.Put the Anewish in first before installing software.
The Anewish when installed with the disc, gives an icon on task bar. When putting the mouse over it says "NO RTL 818x"
When the Laptone adapter disc is downloaded into the machine and the adapter. I get the icon for it on task bar and put the mouse over it I get "IEEE802.11 WLAN Not exist".
So why do I get the two signs "NO RTL 818x" & "IEEE802.11 WLAN Not exist" ?
It's a bit confusing having tried two different adapters giving me the above.
Regards.
Kevin

I've read your other thread & am curious as to your priorities. Going back to W7 or getting online?
In your other thread, ccleaner was mentioned. Try fixing one problem before moving on to the next. :)

I just want to get back online. I never mentioned ccleaner in any of my posts.
Regards.
Kevin

You haven't, but it looks like there are other problems possibly with Windows so using CCleaner will do no harm and it may sort out some of the mess left behind by abortive installations of software. Give it a go - it's free.
Also, if Windows 10 won't support the adapter it will likely be a driver problem hence the error message. Searching the manufacturers website may show some recent drivers for Windows 10 that will work. You seem to be unlucky with this. I'll have a look and see if I can find some new drivers for the Anewish.

I've read some of the reviews and it certainly sounds a good product. There's no sign of separate drivers for Windows 10. You might have a dud but then to have problems with the other adapters too sounds too much of a long shot.

At the end of this post there's a few extracts from review that caught my eye. I've included the customer support email address mentioned by one purchaser. They have been very helpful to the few customers who've had issues.

Windows 10 detects this as a Realtek RTL 8811 AU

The included software was simple to install, and works perfectly on Windows 10. There's actually a separate selection for Windows 10, and the setup went very smoothly.

[email address removed] (Customer support)

Last edited by a moderator:
Techspot has zapped the customer support email address I gave but it must be in the documentation that came with the adapter or on the packaging. People who used it did actually get help.

Back