Looking for recommendation for wireless networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

treeski

Hey all,

My girlfriend just got her new laptop today, but her family doesn't have any form of wireless internet at the moment. She has comcast broadband internet hard wired and coming into a modem, and I am wondering what the best way would be to enable wireless internet.

The only way I know of would be to buy a wireless router and plug the modem box into that, but if there are other possibilities, I'm all ears.

Also if anyone has any wireless routers that they can recommend, that would be very helpful as well. I've only used linksys in the past, but never their wireless products.

Thanks for all the help!

You will need a wireless router to gain access to the internet through a wireless connection. I recommend you go to PCWorld.com and check out their reviews on some wireless routers. Right now I believe they have reviewed some wireless n routers. If you do not want to spend the money on wireless n then go with the wrt54g from linksys. If you want wireless n, linksys makes a wireless n router but their best one is expensive. So, depending on your budget will depend on which one to with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back