Looking to buy a new computer with three monitors

I am currently looking to purchase a computer that can run three monitors. I am not a gamer. I need it for business purposes. Do you have any suggestions on a good computer?

Also, does it matter what screens that I purchase?

Thank you for your help!

Buy a computer that has 2 video cards in a "Crossfire" configuration with Windows 7 installed. This system should be able to run 4 monitors. As far as the monitors go, just choose the size you want in quality brands like Samsung

Buy a computer that has 2 video cards in a "Crossfire" configuration with Windows 7 installed. This system should be able to run 4 monitors. As far as the monitors go, just choose the size you want in quality brands like Samsung

Any HD5xxx or above AMD GPU with eyefinity will run 3 monitors from a single GPU, and since raw power is not needed for gaming, it makes sense to just run with one GPU for simplicity.

Something like this: HIS H677FN1GD Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity $119.99

Just make sure your displays support DVI and HDMI, as two will use DVI connectors, and the other either DisplayPort, or HDMI.

For the displays, I would recommend you purchase three identical displays, with HD resolution, e.g. 1920x1080/1200 pixels. The size you go for depends on budget, and space. Three 24" displays will consume a lot of desktop space, you could consider the usually cheaper 22" size, or even go bigger if your budget allows, and go for 27" models.

You would need considerably more horsepower if you ever decide you want to game with all 3 displays though, so be certain gaming will never been required before getting that GPU.

Just make sure your displays support DVI and HDMI, as two will use DVI connectors, and the other either DisplayPort, or HDMI.

You'll need to use Displayport for the third - or else use an active converter of some sort. A standard $15-20 converter will not work. HDMI and DVI will share the 2 available TDMI so the third has to be something else or go analog which would be ugly.

You'll need to use Displayport for the third - or else use an active converter of some sort. A standard $15-20 converter will not work. HDMI and DVI will share the 2 available TDMI so the third has to be something else or go analog which would be ugly.

Thanks for the correction, I wasn't aware of that. For the sake of clarity, could you post a link to the sort of converter you referring please? For me and the OP. :)

Back