Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmyf

Starting to get annoying lol :)

When ever i click any entity from the control panel it sais

"Can't find rundll.exe"

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is riddled with nasties.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of --Timmy-- only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Do you mean AVG antivirus or AVG Antispyware? They are two completely different programmes. It`s the AVG Antispyware programme you need to install, when you get to that part of the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of --Timmy-- only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

O hey!

I just installed and ran a scan of avg anti spyware yesterday..

Might be a log lying around?

I need you to follow the instructions in the exact order they are given. This includes doing fresh scans with whatever programmes are in the instructions. Your system is badly messed up, so unless you follow the instructions exactly, it`s just going to make it that much harder to clean your system.

--Timmy-- said:
Thanks, ill have the logs posted here in a sec.

I think you`ll find it`ll take you a good couple of hours or more to go through all the instructions properly ;)

:p

I got recommended about you from another forum.

I'd be pretty scared if i were a virus on your system

--Timmy-- said:
:p

I got recommended about you from another forum.

Which other forum would that be?

I'd be pretty scared if i were a virus on your system

I don`t get any viruses on my system, ever. :p

Here are the full instructions for Combofix. Make sure you follow them exactly.

Download combofix.exe. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. A window will open with a warning. Type "Y" (and Enter) to start the fix. When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log. Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.

Hmm, ran combofix for about 45 mins, It didn't find anything.. but it was taking ages .

Heres avg log

How do you know that Combofix didn`t find anything? Are you able to analyse Combofix logs?

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record. I need to see fresh HJT and combofix logs, only after you`ve followed all the instructions. The AVG Antispyware log on it`s own doesn`t tell me what I need to know.

This is what`s supposed to happen.

You come here and tell me you have a virus problem. I then give you a set of instructions to follow.

You follow the instructions and then post all the log files I asked for.

I then analyse the logs and see if anything else needs to be done. If it does, further instructions will follow, until we have cleaned your system.

The alternative to doing that, is simply to reformat your hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch.

As I said in my first post "Your system is riddled with nasties" That means this is not going to be an easy or quick kind of fix. Unless you follow the instructions I give you 100% I can`t help you and believe me I really do want to help you.

Below are part of the Combofix instructions.

Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.

However, since you seem to be having so much trouble with combofix, please post a fresh HJT log and I`ll try and manually remove whatever`s there.

I`m not surprised you got a BSOD with the amount of infections on your system. I must warn you now, that this is going to take a long time to get sorted. However, I am willing to try.

Before I tackle your HJT log, I`d like you to do the following.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly for removing the Rustock Rootkit.

The reason I want you to do this is because I have a suspicion your system may be infected with that rootkit. It is often responsible for causing BSOD`s.

Since you can`t post a Combofix log, which would have allowed me to see if you had that rootkit, this is only a guess, but it`s definitely worth a try. This rootkit has been doing the rounds just lately, as I`ve seen an awful lot of it over the last couple of weeks or so.

Once you`ve don`t that, please post a fresh HJT log and let me know the results of the Regrun Reanimator scan.

Oh my god, your system is even more infected than I first thought. I have to say, that`s one of the most badly infected systems I have ever seen.

The bottom line is you really need to reformat your hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch. To do anything else would just be a waste of time for both you and me.

Regards Howard :(

Yes, the worst I have ever seen and I kid you not.

You should backup your music and photo`s asap, then reformat.

I very much doubt we could, but even if we managed to clean your system, I think there`d be that much damage to your OS etc, that you`d end up having to reformat in any case.

You might as well cut your losses, backup your important data and start again. It`ll certainly be a hell of a lot quicker that trying to clean that complete mess up.

Regards Howard :(

You`d need to backup you important files to either cd/dvd or another hard drive.

A format would completely wipe your hard drive, so you`d need to reinstall everything from scatch.

What are cd key regos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back