Low Fps in CoD 4 with Dell Inspiron 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Call of Duty 4 I'm getting an average Fps between 10-20 and don't know why.(in multiplayer, singleplayer is fine)

**Tech Specs**
-Dell Inspirion 530
-Intel Pentium Conroe Dual Core Processor E2200(2.2GHz,800FSB) with 1MB cache
-Dual Channel 3GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
-AMD Radeon HD3450 256MB PCI-Express x16 RV620
-320GB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive (7200RPM)
-WIndows Vista Home Premium SP1

I was wondering if there was anyway to improve my Fps without spending any money.

What drivers are you using for the 3450 , also do you mind to post your GPU-Z shot.
GPUZ is a program to show your video card stats, in the upper right hand corner you can see a camera, click that and copy and paste the information.

I just got it, so it has the lastest divers.

For the GPU-Z, i can't post it because I've only got 1 post. But I can email it to you though.

Nah don't worry about it. I can't really see what the problem may be, your video card is fine, there is a video on youtube where someone is using a 3450 to play cod4 and its pretty good. Different specs of course.

Do you have any extra programs running in the background, that may be causing the issue?

Nah don't worry about it. I can't really see what the problem may be, your video card is fine, there is a video on youtube where someone is using a 3450 to play cod4 and its pretty good. Different specs of course.

Do you have any extra problems running in the background, that may be causing the issue?

consider that he's running an inspiron, this isnt a pc to really play games on This is pretty close to integrated graphics, although it is dedicated, its a 35 dollar card, dont expect much from it coupled with the cpu he has.

In Call of Duty 4 I'm getting an average Fps between 10-20 and don't know why.(in multiplayer, singleplayer is fine)

**Tech Specs**
-Dell Inspirion 530
-Intel Pentium Conroe Dual Core Processor E2200(2.2GHz,800FSB) with 1MB cache
-Dual Channel 3GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
-AMD Radeon HD3450 256MB PCI-Express x16 RV620
-320GB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive (7200RPM)
-WIndows Vista Home Premium SP1

I was wondering if there was anyway to improve my Fps without spending any money.

The only thing I see listed with 2.2Ghz with this pc is a celeron, and that's current on the site. Your processor is pretty lowly for cod4,

In multiplayer there are a bunch of processes going on that isnt concurrent with single player. As a cod4 player myself, I know that multiplayer is sometimes twice or more taxing as single player.

If I were to rate your system to play this game it would be around a 4 or 5, so in short there's not much you can do w/o spending money. Maybe some overclocking, but since you have this pc, I'm assuming you dont even know how to do that.

Damn, i wasn't reading. He said single player was fine, i am curious to know how many fps do you get in single player. As for multiplayer, thats more of a issue with your connection and your CPU speed, from what i know. But 2.2ghz should be able to handle online games.
But yea maybe it really is his, inspiron.

Hi guys,
I have some experience with this card in my daughters machine, this card is saddled with the very slow ddr2, and only 256mb of it in this case. it also only has 40 spu's for a grand total of 48 G/flops. so SSuper is right about overclocking bieng pretty much the only option. I do happen to know from experience that these overclock rather well, but you have to be careful with the temps as most of these are passively cooled. this bieng a budget issue, ATI makes some pretty powerful performance per dollar cards with 4-5 the processing power in the sub 100 dollar catagory like the hd 3650, and the hd 3780. have a look here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=HD+3870

good luck

Well, I fixed it. Just can't play at max settings no more.
You was playing multiplayer with max settings?
Yea that was the problem. It may be solved tho, if you had a more powerful card, one of those really hind end video cards. But your card is amazing, but i guess with online at max settings, it may not be enough.

When i play online games, i tend to max them out, but i don't try to do that with really demanding games or new games.

Anyways, have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back