Low framerate WoW

Hello,

My System
Amd Phenom(tm) 9600 quad core 2.30 GHz
Memory 4.00g
Graphics card Geforce GTX 550 ti ( latest drivers)
Mother-b asus m3n-ht deluxe
Running vista 32 ( up to date )
PowerSupple 750w

Okie my problem is i am only running 15-20 in town ,when i am out side i can run up to 50ish but normally drops down to 20-30 then in-combat 10-17 what can i do to improve my fps from setting's ETC.

The latest expansions and changes have made the higher video settings a lot more tasking that the original games was.

Tomshardware did a great write up of graphical options/performance in WoW(although I believe there is now an option in game to select DirectX 11 rather than DirectX 9 rendering rather than using a command line parameter). If you aren't already try switching to DirectX 11 setting, I found that granted a reasonable improvement in FPS. Other settings to look into are draw distance. Have a read of the article, it is very useful when trying to tune your WoW setup to give you the best experience in terms of graphical quality and reasonable frame rates.

+1 Arris

I also recommend trying to mess around with your own settings to see what works best. I haven't played in a couple years but shaders, full screen glow, spell detail & distance were always the more demanding settings. Turn off V-Sync too if it's on, that has been known at least in the past to cause some performance issues. Always remember that towns and raids will be the most demanding encounters in game, so use them as a basis for your settings. 100 FPS while doing dailies may be awesome, but won't help you in a 20 FPS raid which can get you killed.

+1 Arris

I also recommend trying to mess around with your own settings to see what works best. I haven't played in a couple years but shaders, full screen glow, spell detail & distance were always the more demanding settings. Turn off V-Sync too if it's on, that has been known at least in the past to cause some performance issues. Always remember that towns and raids will be the most demanding encounters in game, so use them as a basis for your settings. 100 FPS while doing dailies may be awesome, but won't help you in a 20 FPS raid which can get you killed.

Just watch when playing with spell details as turning off something like "projected textures" would stop boss targeting marks from appearing on floors in encounters. Can be quite frustrating for heroics/raids when you are standing where you shouldn't be without any indication that you should move :D

Just watch when playing with spell details as turning off something like "projected textures" would stop boss targeting marks from appearing on floors in encounters. Can be quite frustrating for heroics/raids when you are standing where you shouldn't be without any indication that you should move :D

LOL, ya after posting that I remembered the oh so fun wipes in Naxx with players having spell detail off to improve performance and we kept wiping. Of course it was always the healers :haha:, good times...

Back