Lsass.exe problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt

Last night, I turned off my computer and before that everything was working just fine, then this morning, I go to start it up and I get an error window, that says at the top, lsass.exe "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006)" I can not enter windows in regular, or safe mode. I have no options. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Well it is WinXP Home Sp2 and my dad uses limewire ALOT so I told him that was the cause. Other than that it is just for email. I tried to repair and it freezes every time. It got past the blue screen, but when it gets to the last part, "Finalizing Windows" it freezes. EVERY time.

Try this solution:

1. Insert your Windows XP CD-ROM into the computer's CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer from the CD-ROM.

NOTE: Some computers may require that you modify the basic input/output system (BIOS) settings before you can start the computer from a CD-ROM. For information about how to modify BIOS, see your computer documentation.
2. At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to start the Recovery Console.
3. Press the number key that corresponds to the installation that you want to repair, and then press ENTER.
4. Type the Administrator password, and then press ENTER.
5. With the Windows XP CD-ROM still in the CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:
* cd system32
* ren msvcrt.dll msvcrt.old
* CD-ROM_or_DVD-ROM_Drive_Letter:
* cd \i386
* expand msvcrt.dl_ BootDriveLetter:\windows\system32
* exit
NOTE: BootDriveLetter refers to the drive letter of the boot drive. In other words, it refers to the drive where the Windows folder is located, which is probably drive C. CD-ROM_or_DVD-ROM_Drive_Letter refers to the drive letter of the CD-ROM or the drive letter of the DVD-ROM drive. The CD-ROM drive or the DVD-ROM drive are frequently located in drive D.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this doesn't work, then try repair install of the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back